Walmart story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    We went to Walmart to get some candy bars for my mom to use for work (no new tfs) and we ended up getting 4 dozen. We went to pay and my mom needed some smokes, so we ended up in the express + cigarette lane.

There's a fairly slow (mentally disabled?) person at the first lane, and a quicker employee at the other one. The quicker employee was helping a woman with a baby and a large purchase, so there was a line backing up behind the slower employee.

Another employee (head cashier?) tells the line that there is a second register, and we should begin to form lines at both.

Obviously this (line AND boss, OH NOSE) only slowed things down further... There's a woman with a cart full of ironing boards (who needs more than one?) and plastic tubs is in front of us. I explain to my mom we should walk up to the other register because it's moving faster. Ironing board lady blocks the most direct path to the second lane. Another woman with ironing boards (once again, who needs more than one?) gets behind ironing board lady.

I decide that I can out-ass her, so I walk around. After being told "the line is back here" I say "Nope. Second register is here. You were in line there. Deal with it." my mom joins me and we pay for our candy. I love winning in the constant "I'm more of an ass than you" competitions in Manheim Township.

We proceed out of the store with no troubles. And seriously, if you're that much better than me, why the hell are you at WalMart in the first place?

It made me feel special... Neither ironing board lady bothered to come to the second register after we paid.

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Ok, why would you need more than one ironing board? Its things like that which keep a man up all night wondering.

3. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    And why are there 2 ladies with multiple ironing boards? One I can understand... but TWO? is there an Ironing board convention around here or something? One for whites and one for darks/colors? The world may never know.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Doesn't really sound like an ass move, btw: if they weren't going to get in the quicker lane, I don't see why you shouldn't have gone for it.

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    It seemed like an ass move at the time... And the looks on their faces was priceless when I told them I wasnt moving. Considering it was Walmart, it was a bit ballsy if anything now that I look back at it.

6. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually experienced two ladies fighting because one of them did something what you did. I could hear it all the way across the other side of Wal-Mart. "Oh, no you didn't!" Then, "She spit on me!" This went on for several minutes and by the time we walked up to check out they were both calmed down and talking to security.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Although I dont condone the loss of manners when dealing with the never ending register traffic hell of Walmart, it is true that Walmart seems to be a vaccum for borderline MR cashiers for some reason

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who needs more than one ironing board?
    That will keep me up all night.

9. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    It's kept me up an extra 10 minutes... does that count for anything?

10. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure the ironing board ladies were thinking "Who needs 4 dozen candy bars?"

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

I dunno, you can eventually eat 4 dozen candy bars. Or share them with 4 dozen people. For some reason, I picture these ironing board ladies as setting up several boards at once, with shirts and hot irons on all of them, frantically running from board to board ... its the only scenario that makes sense to me.
    Well, maybe they're using them for the wing pieces of some kinda homemade airplanes ... and both of them are competeing to build the best one??

12. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

You silly, don't you check the circulars? IRONING BOARDS WERE ON SALE! Perfect time to stock up on them!

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

14. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

This is why I buy my candy in bulk, at Sam's club.

Wal-mart is the only store I know of, that consistantly puts the slowest people on the registers. It doesn't hep that they refuse to open up more than four or five registers at a time.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

One time I was in Walmart and there was a slutty stripper chick in line in front of me and her tit popped out of her shirt.

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they needed 2 ironing boards so they can stand side by side because the clothes they're ironing are XXXXL size.

17. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

maybe the ladies were collectors or scalpers

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If Wal-Mart would actually use more than 2-3 cashiers at a time this kind of retarded shit would be avoided. I swear, I never see 4 registers open out of the 18 or so that are in there at my local one

As for the iron boards, my guess is some kind of fucking sale, a lot of people buy shit just because it's got a sale tag on it

19. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Maybe they work at a hotel/motel/inn/bnb/etc. and were replacing the ironing boards in each room with new ones?

No, that makes too much sense.

20. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

wouldn' they just use the internet for that lance?