Walmart Stocking Habits

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Sep 3, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got back from a grocery run at Walmart and i am miffed.
    There's nothing new- hasn't been for some time- on the shelves, but on a lark i walked over to the "landfill", the aisle that has discounted items or excesses of others, etc. in this store, the "landfill" is 2 aisles down and to the left, right at the Lawn and Garden entrance.

I walked into about 15+ Walmart Exclusive RotF Ramjet and Skywarp figures.
    not one of these are on the action figure aisle, so i wonder how they expect them to sell. This doesn't make sense considering the huge holes there are where The Batman figs should be (but aren't) or the space the Star Trek drek is taking.

any other stores that stock merchandise in such bad spots?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm I've never noticed. Most likely cuz I was never looking in those areas. I'll have to take a look next time.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    One of my Walmarts has a bunch of the Skywarps and Ramjet. The other one has none. And no new stuff.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My local Wal-Mart doesn't put toys anywhere else but the toy ailse, but they're inventory sucks. They have like 30 combined Skywarp and Ramjet exclusivesand a really bead selection of everything else.

5. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    ... let's not get started on most of the Walmart's that I've visited...

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Wal-Mart. Always poor stocking. Always.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

While I agree that Walmart could be better, TRU and K-Mart (at least in my area) are definitely worse.

8. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

This. My nearest Kmart still has more Animated toys than ROTF, and my local TRU stil has a gigaload of Wave 1 deluxes covering the walls and in a giant bin. My Walmart at least still has up-to-date waves of new TFs. It's just they get the new ones later than my local Target.

9. AU Chevy

AU Chevy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thats the best place to look, it is the clearance aisle. Picked up classics devastator for $5 in that aisle. You have to be careful though, some of the clearance prices are full price.

10. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Can't say the same for TRU, but the K-Marts around here operate on the principle of "Leave it where it drops".

My bigger issue with Wal-Mart is having way too much. When you're not using the main part of the peghook anymore and have a figure holding on to the top part (where it connects to the pegboard), that's too much. And it'd be OK if it was one or two, but I've watched them stock the shelves like that.

Just causes a mess when someone goes to get a figure and twenty items fall off the shelf. I used to work for a party supply store and that's the kind of thing that pissed me off when I saw others do it.

11. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Same here. There are TFs in 7 different locations. They just cram the toys wherever they have room.

12. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Have you ever seen that episode of The Simpsons where they go to the 33 cent store and a truck just dumps the merchandise in through the ceiling?

Yeah, that's K-Mart

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Let me rephrase: My local K-Marts are mostly barren. Almost no TF stock whatsoever. One of them has 2 Blazing Lockdown and a Lugnut.

14. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I've noticed all the same stuff that's been mentioned about Kmart. Plus everything is more expensive. That's why I (and probably a million other people) stopped shopping there. I read somewhere (don't remember where) that a Kmart exec. said they're losing alot of money/customers to Walmart... Gee, I wonder why??

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Meh, I laugh at those complaining about finding Hasbro products. Try finding new DCUC, now that is a real challenge.

16. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

There is a Kmart near me with about 6 TFA Ultra Magnus all marked at $49.99. The funny thing is, it almost works. They hold onto their high price until the toys are scarce enough that people pay the mark up.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those two toys are on clearance at many stores. That's probably why they were moved to what I call the "cheap gramma" aisle.

18. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    My Wal-Mart put ROTF Prime Voice-Changer Helmets, Ultimate Bumblebee, and Animated Leader Megatron in the clearance isle far away from the toy section, yet left all of the prices at full retail. Its not like they were running out of room in the toy section so I don't know why they decided to move it there.

19. chad2261

chad2261 Active Member

lol, that is exactly right! I'm sure they catch plenty of people who missed something at the usual retail spots and are willing to pay the few dollars more rather than go to eBay.

20. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    My Walmart has so many wave 2 and 3 deluxes that they had to put half of them in the shoe section. I don't think they'll ever get waves 4 and 5.