walmart return policy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Absolute, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Absolute

Absolute Evil Autobot

Ebay:
    didn't know where to put this, so why not here... i've read that you can return merchandise to walmart even without a receipt... is this true?... i have a '07 movie deluxe (stockade) that i want to get rid off that's still in package... how do i go about pulling this off... say it's an xmas gift that i kept putting off returning?

thanx

2. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Unfortunately, you're likely to get the last known retail for the same figure; in which case he was probably $3-5.

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could try but I think you may be out of the return window for that figure. It may not even be in their system at this point. They don't normaly have a 2 year return window.

4. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You can return something without a receipt. They'll put the money on a gift card.

5. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can return items to Wal-Mart without a reciept, but you only get store credit. In your case, in most Wal-Marts those figures were clearanced out, so you would get the last price it was sold at.
    Another thing some people don't know (try) is that Wal-Mart price matches! As long as you have a current flyer from a competting store, they will match it. It's great especially after Thanksgiving, you can get everything you want from other stores and all for the same price without having to go store to store (be it, theyhave what you are looking for)
    Hope that helps!

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

1.) Present item.
    2.) Present Driver's License (or State Issued ID).
    3.) Present Social Security Number.
    4.) Receive refund in the form of a store credit on a Wal-Mart Gift Card, at the last known price for the figure. (NOTE: Depending on the the store, if it's a small enough amount, they'll just give you cash. As long as it's under $10)

There you go.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My sister discovered that Walmart is ridiculous with electronics.
    She was about to drop at least a C-Note on a mp3 player for her daughter at Christmas, and discovered that by the time she would open it, she couldn't return it. (15 day limit.)

I do miss the good old days when you could walk in a store with deck chairs off the Titanic and they gave you refunds no questions asked.

(don't laugh, it beat getting up at 4 am to set up a garage sale to get rid of stuff.)

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Don't blame Wal-Mart. The policies are clearly stated on the wall, and all electronics involving a computer have a 15 day return policy. Computer components such as video cards, keyboards, 45 days. Computers themselves, also 15 days.

It's so the technology doesn't become obsolete in the interim, and you try and upgrade or pawn it off on them at a time when they'll no longer be able to move it.

Some WM stores are willing to work with you as long as you're willing to do business with them after the return/exchange in the same visit. It all depends on the management, and who's running the desk. Once in a while you'll find nice people running the store, so if you sister can't read the policies and adhere to them, that's her fault. Sorry, but it's true.

9. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Jorod was saying she almost, but didn't, buy it.

Question for the OP: was the gift originally purchased at Walmart, and why did you wait so long to decide to take it back? Didnt realize a return policy could be used as a savings account.

10. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    yea you can return him ive done it lots of times before :p  and all ironically with Movie Bumblebees lol

and idk if youll get the full retail back on it either any movie figures still in store here are on clearence

id want it :thumb 

11. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    This

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't know if it's common to all Wally Worlds, but the ones in my area have a limit on how many times you can return stuff without a receipt. I don't know the specifics or conditions of that is though.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    she didn't buy the mp3 player.
    i can understand (and i can read signs, too) how certain things have a limited shelf life. What she couldn't understand is that un a time when you either buy a gift early or be stuck at the 11th hour with nothing but garbage on the shelves, they should have a christmas return policy- with a receipt.

14. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:

My limit was 3 without a receipt

15. Absolute

Absolute Evil Autobot

Ebay:
    thanx everyone, walmart gave $4 for it, better then nothing... would not have made much more off of it, unless i held onto it for another 10 years or so