Walmart pricing question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Toyzaremine, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apologies if asked before, but does anyone know if you can price match from one Walmart location to another? Lets say I find an item on clearance at Walmart location A for $15, but are sold out. They have same item in stock at Walmart location B, but price is $25. Cna buy from B and get the difference back at A?

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I ran into a similar situation and they gave me a hard time about just giving me the difference. You CAN return a Walmart item at any Walmart location for a refund (if unopened). My work around for them not just giving me the difference was returning and buying right back on the spot for the lower price at the cheaper Walmart.

3. Toyzaremine

News Credits:
    That helps
    thanks

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the person as the service desk is friendly they'll let you do that. Others you might have to take a chance and hope nobody nabs it before you when they restock. Target has a policy that doesn't allow you to ask for an item at the service desk, it has to be restocked on the shelves.

But to answer your question Walmart won't price match against itself whether online or not. Especially if it's a clearance (versus sale) item.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried that once with an outdoor patio set. There was a set in my town that had went on clearance and I missed it. So I asked the store in the next town over which had it on clearance as well but a slightly higher price. They said they couldn't price match their own company. I don't know if that's the case with all items or not.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart's price match policy is a pain in the butt. They don't price match themselves and even getting them to price match a competitor is a store-to-store manager-to-manager experience. Walmart's policy says they only price match printed ads. So even if a store had the add online and you printed it out, Walmart might try to give you a hard time. It's also better if there's no pictures. If TRU has an ad that says ALL Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Voyager $10 and had a picture of Mindwipe on there and for some reason you wanted a Ratchet and the Walmart near you has 100 Ratchets shelfwarming with a thick layer of dust there's still a good chance the cashier/manager will try and tell you that only Mindwipe's matchable.

When TRU was selling it's Universe Ultras for half off it had a ad that said "All Universe Ultras 50% off, $12.99" with Stormcloud pictured. At one store I was told that Walmart couldn't price match because the ad says 50% off and they don't price match percentages regardless of the $12.99 in the add. Yet, at another store, because Red Powerglide is the same mold and looks like Stormcloud they gave it to me for the $12.99 price. Boggles the mind.

7. Toyzaremine

News Credits:
    Yes, I did so too and had success in price matching during that sale, it was really a numbers game.