Walmart Overflow.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ElectricPrada09, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I don't live by a Wal-mart, but my Target has 2 endcaps, maybe 20 deluxes in one aisle, every Target exclusive except Starscream (the only one I wanted), probably every Cyberverse figure, then maybe 50 more deluxes near the front of the store. The only leaders I saw were Sentinel and Bee. I didn't check the HA stuff and while I saw one voyager Shockwave I didn't see any Megatrons.

I like it, a while ago I was having trouble finding DOTM stuff but now if I ever want one I can just go to Target and they'll probably have it. I remember when I wanted a Bumblebee from ROTF I had to get the cannon one in a beat up card. I hope Prime toys will have this sort of thing.

2. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    movie toys blow.

3. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good one, dude.:dunce 

I just want HA Roadbuster and leader Ironhide, right now. But there's a shit ton of BB's and SP's, and HA BB and Skids.

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Yeah my Walmart is loaded too. They have one shelf completely made for transformers. Some end isle shelfs, as well as another shelf in the back and some displays in the middle. It dosen't look like anyone is buying anything though.

5. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

awesome contribution bro

And yes, this is probably the biggest glut of stuff on the shelves I've seen in as long as I can remember, and I've been actively hunting and collecting going on 12 years now. At least in the days of the Transquito hives, there were new Deluxes coming and going.

6. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree with the lack of respect from retailers but I don't agree about the lack of respect from Hasbro. Hasbro is a toy company and a business first. When you have the third installment of one of your most popular properties in movie theaters and on track to make $1 billion worldwide you make sure product from that movies is overflowing your shelves. That is common business sense.

Now that being said, it would've been nice of the retailers didn't just ignore the final waves of Generations and RTS prior to the movie toys. While they're shelves sat empty just before the movie toy launch they could've been selling some Transformers if they had been good about having Generations and RTS on the shelves.

While I don't collect DOTM toys this will be very true.

7. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    There are three walmarts in the town I live in and five more within thirty minutes of any of them. They're all overflowing packed with stuff.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My loacal Walmarts went all out for all three movies...actually I think they put out more product for the first two movies than for DoTM.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine has about a half an aisle FULL of DOTM stuff, plus 2 endcaps, a display up front, and ANOTHER display across from the videogames. And it's all selling horribly. I swear, if they don't have this many toys when Prime comes out, Imma rage :p 

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

This coming from the guy with a Walmart exclusive Sidearm Sideswipe as his avatar...:rolleyes2 

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

My Walmarts have had a lot of the initial releases (wave one), but don't seem to be stocking any of the 2nd wave of say, voyagers, HA basics, etc.... I don't see many of the third wave deluxe figures at them either. And I still haven't seen a leader Ironhide at any of them.

They also all have the problem of being overloaded with voyager Primes (1st wave).

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

My local Wal-Mart isn't overflowing with a bunch of DOTM toys at all. Neither is the Wal-Mart near my grandparents' summer cottage where I'm currently at. :( 

13. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

My Walmart is not to bad.

The normal few shelves in the toy isle.

That and a few more shelves near the mall entrance.

Sad thing is Target has less shelf space yet more of a selection.

TRU just flat out sucks. Little stock and nothing but the same wave 1 stock.

Target wins a clear victory. The only thing Walmart has is better prices.

14. P4ntless

P4ntless Deep Fried, Bacon Wrapped

My walmart is almost nothing but deluxe and voyager Primes. The actual toy isle isn't that bad, but the kiosk has voyager primes on one end and deluxe primes on the sides. I'd say they have at least 10-15 voyagers and 30+ deluxes. Seriously. Apart from that they have the earlier waves of Cyberverse and deluxes, loads of leader BBs and Sentinels and I spotted a lone Flameburst Optimus Prime a few weeks ago. As far as Human Alliance goes I really don't think they're selling around here. They appear to have had had the exact same stock (with the addition of a few Whirls and Tailpipes) since they first stocked.

15. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    My Walmart is overflowing, but it doesn't look like its moving very fast. I'm predicting some difficulties getting the later waves stocked and maybe a Hasbro promotion in the future to thin out some overstock.

16. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Voyager prime is everywhere! Kill it

17. ickzer1

ickzer1 Well-Known Member

Seems to be selling fine around me

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    The one across the bridge from where I live, has TWO DOTM displays right as you walk through the main entrance. Then there's another big display near the electronics, and a whole wall stacked with DOTM toys in the actual toy aisle. Despite all of this, I never found Leader Ironhide there lol. Got him at Kmart.

19. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    All of our stores were crazy stocked the first couple weeks. Now they all have about a half isle of everything >.>, and it doesnt seem to move... Our targets had the same two roadbusters out now for a couple weeks <.<, same with the 500 jolts and barricades -_-

20. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It took forever to find the ONLY laserbeak i've seen in the wild... Everything else is Deluxe optimus, bumblebee and voyager prime... I've yet to see a Shockwave. I'm super glad I grabbed megs when I did. I have so far found every released (non exclusive) deluxe and Cyberverse Commander