Walmart Overflow.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ElectricPrada09, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Is anyone else's Walmart in their area majorly overflowing with DOTM figures currently? I'm just curious because mine has three different aisles dedicated to this line. I have never witnessed one specific line of Transformers having as much as I saw today. I figured I'd ask if this is the same for anyone else and if anyone possibly knew why. Hopefully this means I won't have a problem getting any other future desired figure from the line down the road.

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Yes, regular toy display and also overflowing into another section. Same as Target. They have one or two extra endcaps.

3. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    Weird. My Targets and TRUs have never really been overflowing with a Transformer line before. At least not as much as the Walmart I go to/went to today.

4. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No surprise.
    At my local Walmart, there's an endcap of deluxes, another one stuffed full of leaders SP and BB, and yet another one full of HA's, cyberverse, and an army of voyager Optimus Primes. Plus their regular spot in the aisle.

5. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I can't recall if ROTF had these many toys either at one time. One Walmart has a separate cube merchandiser in the aisle with voyagers and deluxes. Another has a tub filled with deluxes. Crazy!

6. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    It's nuts, dudes. I also don't remember ROTF being anything like this either.

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cars 2 stuff is overflowing a lot more than the TF: DOTM toys in my TRU, Walmart, and Target stores.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the dotm toys are selling here. we had at least 500 deluxes, 100 voyagers, with 5 different sections with transformers. the main transformers section is almost empty of deluxes and voyagers, only main deluxes left are an end cap. we got one section with about 50 voyagers left i would say, and the rest of the sections have been depleted

it is goin good

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

mine walmart actually looks like they've been selling a lot recently.

10. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

:banghead:  wtf?! My Wal-Mart has atleast one shelf wide of DOTM toys. There's like 80 deluxes, 20 voyagers and like 5 leaders. I feel screwed over. :mad 

11. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

The one closest to me is loaded with DOTM figures. They take up the whole regular Transformers section and wrap around the edge of the aisle into the one behind it. There are also multiple displays in the main aisles. Wal Mart seems to be the store with the most DOTM, none of the others around here carry nearly as much.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wish. :(  Even the shelwarmers are moving and they STILL haven't put out wave 2 voyagers.

13. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A Walmart near me placed all DOTM merchandise on clearance prices (50% off) during the movie's opening weekend. At the time there was an over abundance of toys. It has leveled out since.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, mine is full of wave one and two stuff. I managed to find a lone deluxe Prime among the hundreds of other deluxes.

Voyager Prime though.... His abundance is rediculous. I'm almost tempted to buy one just to thin the herd.

15. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Sadly my Walmart is the same way,but instead of overflow of deluxes (which are quite a few),they are swamped with Voyagers,on the main shelf they have about 35 or 40,and then on the endcap near to those it have 5 or 6 shelves full of them so I say probably 200 Voyagers in all.And they ain't going NO WHERE anytime soon.

But good news I bet after Christmas those will get marked down cheap to clear them out to make way for Prime figure,then all us TF fans can get them for half price or better and troop build,just think a platoon of Voyager Ironhides.

Edit: Also forgot but Target and TRU doesn't have this problem either,they only stock a few at a time unlike wally world,which is disappointing IMO as they sell theres
    faster around here and I usually miss out,so I guess its a toss up which you prefer.I would rather have too many as not enough,that way you can find something.

16. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    It was in some places. Especially when the in aisle displays and endcaps started to get drawn down. Some Walmarts around here never restocked RotF after Wave 4 there was so much leftover. Heck, one Walmart around here had so many RotF Voyagers for so long that they had a backcap FULL of Demolisher, The Fallen, Ironhide, and Mixmaster well into Spring 2010.

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With the Walmarts around here, any overflow has been due to the stores consolidating the 3+ TF sections back down to just the main TF section and one end cap.

Sadly there have still been no sightings of HA Roadbuster. Thankfully I picked up one in CA for Botcon.

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    My walmarts cyberverse Commander stock is out of control. Takes up a quarter of the aisle. Easily twenty pegs branching out from the regular Dark of the moon Home.

Then we have Two sidecaps, a endcap, and the Kiosk for dark of the moon.

Target has Three endcaps and the home. One of those endcaps is up by the registers for the deluxe exclusives.

The florescent lighting at my Kmart has not been replaced over the Movie action figure section. Its to dark to tell what they have exactly.

19. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Just got back from my local wally world....had to get Rio.

5 sections for DotM. No kidding. All of them Gorged with toys. No leader Ironhide or wave 2 voyagers. Few wave 3 deluxes around. Only 1 Laserbeak. No HA besides Bee.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

My TRU is the same way.