Walmart New siege listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Sep 29, 2018.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hence why I'll probably skip Soundwave. Titans Return SW is pretty darn perfect aside from a lack of Ratbat.

• Like Like x 3
  2. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    I would feel the same way, except that TR Soundwave is leader class, which is too big for me. Just personal preference, but voyager (or deluxe) scale would be perfect for Soundwave, as I reserve leader class for the larger bots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I can understand the leader vs voyager aspect. I guess for me, it's okay because Megatron, (Shockwave) and Soundwave were leader class toys back in G1.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    And then we get shit like predaking where we just went backwards.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Not sure why you'd group together the G1 Shockwave toy with Soundwave and Megatron, size-wise: G1 Shockwave was the size of a modern Leader-class figure, but Soundwave and Megs were much closer to a modern Voyager.

• Like Like x 5
  6. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Size is relative. And yeah, Shockwave is probably more a "Supreme".

Minicars/Tapes - basics
    Autobot cars - deluxes
    Seekers - voyagers
    Soundwave/Megatron/Optimus/Shockwave - leaders
    Shockwave/Jetfire/Omega Supreme - supreme

Otherwise, you shrink the Seekers down to deluxes - but there's no way they should be the same size as the Autobot cars, ala Classic Series. That's why I'm okay with leader-class PotP Optimus, CW Megatron and TR Soundwave for toy sizing.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Ah, gotcha. Fair enough!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mega Prowl

Mega Prowl General artist

Wow, rude.

9. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Megatron could be a real Submarine and Cybertron could have lakes of Methane. I would think Vector Sigma would really appreciate liquid cooling for instance, and maybe even with something that stays liquid at a much lower temperature than Methane. Oh, and the Europa Report is a cool film. :D 

10. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fail to see how Snarl's response was in any way "rude".

• Like Like x 7
  11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Prowl and his car brothers should be coming. There's a reason you start with something like Sideswipe, Ironhide, Prowl, and Seekers. Because it's easy mold re-usage for characters that are in the fiction that way.

Star Convoy is likely as a new character btw. Brand unification means in some areas they'll have to find ways to meet both markets. Which means for wider markets, Star Convoy becomes a new character so Takara can sell him as how he's named.

Hot Shot's head art isn't news worthy. But we will likely see that at some point, but likely not soon. That's more Hasbro teasing intentionally. Not news as yet, but does show that there is potential plans to make use of Hound in the future. But when, or who, is anyone's guess. As far as we know, that could end up being a later Takara Mall exclusive for the Cybertron Defense Team from Galaxy Force. Since it's another of those instances where names are different, and brand unification makes that harder for them to sell in their markets under new names.

Hot Shot and Excellion are two different characters in Japan. Excellion was more based on Hot Rod. Hot Shot was more based on Bumblebee merged with Hot Rod, but leaned heavier on Bumblebee. His super mode was more a nod to Sideburn/Speedbreaker's super form with an intent to push the new Bumblebee as growing up into Hot Rod. Which thankfully got entirely pushed as a new character instead of merging G1 lore like that. AEC was an era when Hasbro almost attempted to 'redesign the wheel' so to speak, which thankfully classics showed exactly why that was a bad idea, but did push to get new characters added to the lore that were introduced to broaden the character library out. TF Animated on the other hand, and TF Prime were intentional "redesigning the wheel" but with more of an emphasis on staying true to heritage.

Seaspray was a hovercraft, so he can travel on more than water. Tidal wave and Broadside are potentially more like Helicarreiers in that same way. Think Space Battleship Yamato.
    And a submarine really isn't that far removed from a spaceship anyway, with really only the propulsion being different. (Combustion/heat propulsion in a lake of oil... Oh that's definitely going to be one of the harsher life lessons of skipping Cybertron Science class. Or the story of what happened to Lake Magnesium and the day of the planetary resting second sun.)

But the assumption is that Megatron as a Submarine like Sixshot can be an upside down gun mode, and that's not likely tbh. It'd be difficult for something like that to interact with figures. Though it is possible we may get a future battlemaster of Megatron for that. And if they wanted to do that to interact with Titan class figures, they'd lean more on a deluxe Megatron anyway.

It's possible, but I really wouldn't put it very high on the likely list. Some kind of artillery platform or tank, or other new interpretation seems more likely. But it is an interesting question what they'll make him look like after 2 previous extremely accurate toon representative versions that really only messed up his arm cannon. So I am curious what direction they'll take with him. And hoping this one is the one that gets the arm cannon right.

That's possible too. Though I don't know about how massive the lower temps are. It's been shown before in many lores that Cybertronians don't do well in the cold. Joint lock, brittling and other issues. Including how it increases power consumption/reduces effectiveness of energy reserves.

But it is true that there is likely various forms of liquids on planet. Though then that begs the question if they have fossil fuels, how'd those get there. But some of the lore does mention different kinds of bodies of liquid and various pools of different sorts. And there probably is forms of condensation depending on atmosphere too, and different biomes may have different patterns too. We also know they have basic cloud structures of some sort, and how that's potentially been weaponized by the rainmakers and Acid Storm.

While they may not be carbon based life-forms, they do still have other liquid elements. And some that aren't on the periodic table either too. Which makes sense, new elements are getting added as they get discovered still. So they likely do have forms of liquid nitrogen in some biomes, or other pools of anti-freeze type chemicals and more.

That's what it was. G1 with BW level articulation, as had been asked for on the BWTF boards since BW started. Then it grew to G1 updated in modern ways because "kids want modern cars and a walkman or microscope makes no sense", which grew into Alternators, then as that got too pricey, then evolved to IDW designs, to then eventually back to G1 designs. Took a long time to work Hasbro out of that corporate line of thought that was blocking some random bots and for them to see how well the original characters as original appearance would sell. Which brings us to modern day, the prime wars trilogy, and the WFC Trilogy.

Took some arguing to get Hot Rod as his iconic self in classics even tbh. But it was pushed that his iconic self is the only way to do it(same to Cyclonus!). That's why later we get earth truck mode Kup, because back then the argument on the corporate side was that alternate modes had to be things people recognized as real world things, or made sense. Until finally the Prime Wars trilogy where Hasbro went all in on G1 updates after how well some select previous Generations figures did like Arcee, and other obscures including Scoops.

Took a lot of work to get from there to here on the corporate end, and the designers have been trying to get it farther along faster as much as they could. Like how PowerGlide's ultra class figure had a heart sculpted in to nod his G1 episode. Now they've finally been given the freedom to go all out since Prime Wars did so well. But it took a lot of baby steps to reach this far and some marketing pushes like how we got Scoops and Armada Starscream was through IDW having them in the comics. Ditto to some other wider lore figures like Tankor, Rattrap, and so on. Hot Shot got added too thanks to some quick debates that pushed it forward faster for a redo because of how bad his first figure was.

Fans that argue Generations is too G1 heavy tend to forget the reason it exists is because of the push for G1 in BW articulation. Literally the only reason it exists. But wider lore nods are trying to be worked in. But also, trying to establish better 'era' aspects to them too, as well as ways to better build to various eras and merge lore.

Like for example the beast colony slightly upsets the balance of what was once the great downgrade in a post TF Victory world, and the tech build up to it that was the headmasters, power masters, Target Masters, action masters, and pretenders. So how to reconfigure the lore is one of those questions, and how to keep it consistent too. But covering more characters, and getting more out there in this new united lore is a prerogative. So we may see more additions like Nautica, Drift, Deadlock, Windblade, and more too. As well as some JG1 lore stuff added in under their JG1 names when possible. The main goal is to be inclusive of all characters, while also keeping the lore from becoming as confusingly complex as possible. And like I said up higher, because of Brand Unification, in select cases, some figures that have no American counterpart may keep their JG1 names, which also avoids brand confusion for general audiences too. Like Star Convoy keeping his Star Convoy name in a line that already has an Optimus Prime. Which is what makes Cybertron Hotshot/Galaxy Force Excellion one of the harder ones to do and may mean he ends up as some kind of exclusive so each market can rename him or Hasbro has to change him to become "Hot Shot's brother" or Hot Rod's brother, like how Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are alongside other bots.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Red Alert is historically a straight up repaint of Sideswipe, why would he even NEED remolding?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So he can have toy/his specific model accurate wings? Also cause light bars and I think something on the top of his chest.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mega Prowl

Do you hate the character?

• Like Like x 1
  15. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Wings? Red Alert had wings?

The things on top of his chest were from Floro Dery doing a more toy inspired animation. However, that is the sort of thing Masterpiece is for. You aren't going to see Generations Bluestreak, Prowl, and Smokescreen with different heads, for instance.

Normally I multiquote, but this hit when I was responding.

Why does possessing the knowledge that Red Alert started out as a straight repaint of Sideswipe (with the Police light bar, of course), and that subsequent non-MP versions of him were ALSO straight repaints (with the Police light bar, of course), and admitting it never needs to be anything BUT a straight repaint represent me hating the character? I like the character just fine, but I see no reason to do mold differences when none are needed.

Answer me this: do I hate the Seekers because Skywarp and Thundercracker are straight repaints of Starscream with no remolding?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mega Prowl

That I'd only agree with because it was part of the design of the toy because was part of the 1985 wave during the second season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mega Prowl

I don't think you would, besides the Seeker mold in the Classics line was doomed to fall apart after years of being used so much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Pretty much. The only difference between them at all is the light bar. Prowl has it, the other two don't. And Red Alert might have one. But otherwise they basically are straight up recolors in the toon too.

For the car trio, the main difference was how actively out their shoulder launchers were. Prowl rarely had his out, Silverstreak/Bluestreak usually only had one out, and Smokescreen sometimes had both of his out at the same time. That's about the only difference between Sideswipe and Red alert. Red Alert had his should launcher out often, Sideswipe rarely did. And Sideswipe had the animation only optional Jetpack. But other than that, they were basically recolors of each other.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    The crotches were different sculpts and smokescreen had a far more distinct car body and shoulder guns.

• Like Like x 1
  20. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Okay, are we talking toys or animation? Seriously, I've owned every version of Prowl based off G1 including the G1 mold, and they are all identical with the exception of Smokescreen's G1 toy having racing flash around the front bumper. As far as animation, who gives a flip? The G1 cartoon wasn't known for consistency BEFORE Dery tried to make repaints/remolds look drastically different. I look at it this way. If X toy was repainted into Y toy with no remolding in G1, then the CHUG equivalents should be made in the exact same fashion.

• Like Like x 3