Walmart MP Starscream woes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shark Jumper, May 25, 2008.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ack I stressed and chipped off a small piece of plastic at the part where the wings fold. I transformed my MP Starscream a few times before and it was okay.
    Is there anyway for me to fix it? I don't know if just using super glue will help.

If I can't, I'm tempted to buy a replacement....

Is the JP repaint Starscream any better? I feel like it's just the Wal-Mart one but with japanese text.

2. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I dont know about quality differences, but the Japanese MP Starscream is completely different colors, done to be more "realistic", while the W-M one is aimed to be accurate to his cartoon scheme.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think he's talking about the Japanese USA Edition MP Starscream. Which is exactly the same in quality AFAIK?

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Japanese MP cartoon show SS is basically the same thing with only a Japanese box, and it sounds like only yours came out like that, I bought mine from another collector who's had it for quite awhile and now I own it and it's still in great condition after having been transformed more than 90 times already.

6. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard some people had to shave down the plastic to make the hinges easier to fold or the plastic was very poor.

Wish Hasbro/Takara put some more thought into MP Starscream and Megatron (the complex transformation + fragile parts is worrisome).

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a widespread problem on all the releases. I don't think I have heard about any Skywarp problems though, but maybe people got sick of writing the same thing. The WM one and Japanese one are the same.

DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE!!!! The glue will get on the pin and it won't move at all, causing even more damage if you force it. As long as it stays on, its not really a problem, just be extra careful with that wing from now on. My Greenscream has the same thing on both wings and they stay on just fine.

8. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

i wish he had more diecast

9. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    Luckily, after multiple transformations, I haven't had any issues with breakage or stress marks on my Takara Screamer, 'Warp, and 'USA' Screamer.

10. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

That's the #1 qc problem on all variations of the mold. Back closer to when he came out people posted picture accounts of that stress point (search the forums and you might find it).

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

if you get a double leave it misb. Thats what I do, when i'm worried about damage. then you will able to fiddle with your chipped SS, stress free.

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i bought 2 when they had them on the walmart site. one for MISB since he is pretty valubale right now on ebay and incase something happened to my other which has only been transformed to jet and back once. same with my MP Megs, didnt even want to transform him, just left him the way he is.

13. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad. i didnt even realize that existed. :lol 

14. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    NP :)  you learn something knew every day :D 

15. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I might sell mine, a Classics Skywarp that has a stress crack from folding the rudder (ugh...), and a Classics Starscream (no stress mark) for whatever I can get, and buy a new MP Starscream with G1 paint job, but not even try transforming it, if the wing folding feels hard. Or maybe I'll go buy a used or modified one.

If not I might just buy the coronation set and have the cape cover his back...

I always wanted to buy a set of all 3 seekers with good articulation. I might have to consider TFA Starscream and his repaint crew. Haven't heard any QC issues about that one yet.