Walmart MP Skywarp Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

Mike here again I have a question for you all,but here at my local Wally World
    they still have about 10 or 11 MP Skywarps still at $30 for over 7 or 8 months
    (since October of 09),now I am good friends with a couple of girls in the
    toy department,do you think I should ask them if I was to buy most or all
    of them if they could lower the price to say $10 or $15 each?.What do yall
    think,then I could post most of them on here.Let me know and later.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    ...Are you planning on scalping?...

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

As long as it's legit and not over priced I'll buy one.

4. Rodimus Mike

Ebay:
    Hey Wheeljack,actually I was planning too,nah just kidding,depending on if what I get
    them for (and if they will even sell them to me) if I could get them for say $10 I would
    sell them for $14 or $15,and maybe $20 if they charge me $15 apiece.

I will go later today and see if they will,if so then I will let yall know.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    They aren't gonna lower the price just cause you asked the toy department girls to, unless I am missing something. That decision has to come from management I would think. Good luck. Let us know if it works, Cause I see if I can get them to lower the price of HA Jazz when he comes out at my Walmart.

6. Rodimus Mike

Ebay:
    Hey natureboy,it can't hurt to try since those thing have been there for 2 years give or
    take,besides I forgot one to mention one of them girls is the DM and she can override the
    price on stuff in her department I think.So I am gonna ask her if she will for me.As before
    I will let yall know how it goes.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think it's ultimately a futile effort to get the price lowered. Retail stores aren't pawn shops or flea markets. The price tag is set in stone.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ain't gonna happen. Retail just doesn't work that way. I know, I work it.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So let me get this straight? You want to ask some friends that work in the toy dept if you can buy the entire stock of MP Skywarps for 1/3 the price of the already clearanced price? I use to work at Walmart and it's almost impossible to do that within the store level. The only way you can get some kind of discount is if you're purchasing them under a licensed non-profit organization. Or your friends can do things that can get them fired. Sorry but just because they work for 2 years doesn't mean they have the stroke to give you such a drastic discount.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yup never going to happen. The figure hasn't been out even a year (it came out around November 2009) never mind 2 years.

I used to work at Wal-Mart and if a manager lowered the price just because someone wanted to buy the whole lot, that would be grounds for dismissal and they'd have their walking papers the next day.

Wal-Mart would still make some of their money back at $30, but less than that they're going to be losing even more.

Granted I got mine for $7 each, but still.

Randy

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Just ask them. The worst that can happen is they say that they can't.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    try less than a year

13. Rodimus Mike

Ebay:
    Update guys,I just went to Wally World and your right,they wouldn't mark them down if I
    bought all of them,so I guess we don't get them then.Dang I wish they had,as I was
    planning on kitbashing a couple of them as the other seekers.Well I guess I will keep
    checking back and maybe eventually they will mark them down cheaper.Later all.

14. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Good efforts though.

15. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I asked Wal Mart if they'd sell me a Premium Megatron for $15. This was in March.

They said no and spent half a year finding the price (which was SITLL $40. Shit was out of their system, 3 years old and still $40?)

16. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i found a 25th ann. prime there once missing everything except for prime and the trailer and box was damaged beyond belief. the price was $70 so i asked if the could lower the price...they said no less than $50. so something in new condition prob. not. but if you do i'll buy 1-2 off you. good luck

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A problem I could see that even if you did get the Skywarps for cheaper, you'd have a harder time selling them. After your price & shipping, the price is pretty much back up to $30 for the 2nd buyer. Most of us have seen them for $30 or less at Walmarts so there is not that much incentive to buy from you since we could have bought them at that price already.

I always note that when someone finds a item cheaper, some people want in but when everything if factored in, they are better off just paying the local price. An example is that mail-away Ravage that was in TRUs in Canada. After figuring out all the costs involved (also assuming they were already getting figures to get the stickets), the buyer MIGHT save one or two dollars. Spend the extra two bucks & they'd have the BB & SW.

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Some stores are better about discounting stuff than others walmart is not they hate discounting items. Now when i worked at target they were much different and a lot more willing to discount items. When i worked at target we would actually discount items with damaged packagin if someone asked. Only 10% but still. Now an item missing half its accessories would probably be more.

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to work at a Walmart and they let employees have the damaged items at a discount price, but not customers. Several years ago, I wanted to buy a CD boom box and the handle was broked. They refused to sell at a discount price.

20. Rodimus Mike

Ebay:
    Update yall, but went to Wally World a few minutes ago and get this,they marked the MP
    Skywarp's down to $19.00 after 3 days when I went to ask them if they would,well I guess
    they took my advice and marked them down.So I am at it again to see if anyone wants
    some for say $24.00 each and if you want 2 or 3 of them I can get them,but I advise yall
    to hurry as I think they may sell out quick at that price.Just PM me if you want some.
    Thanks and later.