walmart is bare!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nicksteele66, Mar 24, 2011.

1. nicksteele66

nicksteele66 Well-Known Member

walked into the walmart action figure isle today, and NADA! the transformers section has been moved to the clearance isle, not clearanced priced tho.
    the starwars figures are all the way at the end, none of those stupid fighting hamsters, and all iron man and thor stuff was in carts, are they getting ready for a big push of transformers?
    anyone else having a clearout in the figure isle at your walmarts or targets?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. axl6533

axl6533 Anarchy Is Your Freedom

il check my walmart this saturday

3. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    sounds like they are getting ready for a spring reset—moving the toy dept to another area. This may be good news since if they are doing this, new, shiny toys might be headed your way...

4. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    just either getting ready for RTS stuff or more likely
    DOTM

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I saw on the DotM preview Prime toy at my Walmart a couple days ago that the toys won't be coming out until May 16...

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I really hope so, all the two near me have are HFTD figures. At one they had 12 pegs labeled for the HFTD Deluxes, and 8 more pegs labeled for Generations Deluxes that were filled with HFTD. They finally sold enough where I helped them out and moved em all to the right pegs. They also have a glut of Voyagers, to the point where the stocker said she would go in the back and dig for me, but that she thought all the cases were the same. I passed, didn't want to waste her time. Would love to see the sea Ravages and Tuner Skids go on clearance.

7. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did call Hasbro consumer affairs today and they did say new RTS figures should be showing up at the retailers "as we speak".

I do take that with a grain of salt however, as I realize that they are clueless, but here's to hoping...

8. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    yeah i know but since they have been pretty empty of anything new since jan,..........

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, a lot of people are having a Transformers drought. I'm betting they're just waiting for the DOTM line release date to put everything out.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Walmart near me has had issues with stocking Transformers for the past few months. Voyagers (even the standard Payload/Seaspray/Night Ops Ratchet wave) were hardly out there...mostly a few PCC five packs and an exclusive. Deluxes, Scouts, and Legends haven't been overflowing either. I'm not there frequently, so for all I know Transformers sell really well there and they can barely catch up, but it's been so barren for the past few months that it's getting weird. It was never as empty as it is now as when Animated or RotF were in-season, or even the post-RotF NEST stuff and the initial 2010 releases. It's like they've forgotten to restock.

11. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I'm wondering that too at mine <_< Here in Oregon I've yet to see a Grimstone/Steamhammer or anything past wave 1 of RTS minus the BIS 2 pack. I told myself back in December that its just how it always is, and a few months from now I'll probably see nothing but the new figures I want. Well its almost 4 months now and I've still yet to see any of them <_< Its funny how the pegs do seem to be having less and less HFTD figures when I check every couple weeks, but it doesn't look like they're restocking at all. I've joked a few times in my state sighting forum awhile back that I think I'll probably see DOTM toys before I ever see a Grimstone, honestly right now I don't think I'm far from the truth.

12. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I've got 2 walmarts near me, the one closest to me has had the same crap for months, the other one just put out 100+ Generations figures from various waves. I'm really surprised that neither have clearanced out anything since ROTF last year.

13. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    I really hope they're getting ready to restock soon.
    I've officially stopped calling it Walmart and refer to it as "Saddness-mart", since that's all I get there lately. There's about 12 "Sad-mart" stores that I frequent on my toy runs between work and home and they've had NOTHING new since Nov. All of my purchases of late have been either online or Target with the exception of a Preview Prime I found at one of the more out-of-the-way Walmarts in my area yesterday. I almost had a heart attack LOL!
    Later

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm starting to feel better about living in Canada you know with all the RTS and what not.

I would like Generations wave 6 and on released here soon, I have Kup but no Scourge still and i don't plan on buying 3.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I was there yesterday and the DotM preview figs were gone - a bunch of HftD clogged up one side of the aisle, and the leftover Generations clogged up the other side. Had a bunch of BIS, 2 leader Primes, a leader Starscream (I considered getting it, just too much for a design I can't stand - despite all the positive reviews for it), and a Prime and Highbrow for voyagers.

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

It's been like that at my local Walmart since Christmas. I thought they were just lazy and not stocking, but it sounds like Walmart has a distribution problem.

17. nicksteele66

nicksteele66 Well-Known Member

went back last night to wally world, and they have 10 pegs and a long shelf marked DOTM. 6 pegs marked RTS voyg...so I am guessing these pegs will be empty til mid-may.

18. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was in a WalMart Supercentre in Orlando last Thursday, and they had Wreckgar, Perceptor, Laser Optimus Prime, Dirge and some other recent releases. No Scourge, Thundercracker or Wheeljack, though. So it's not all bad with WalMart (but probably mostly bad)...

19. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ya mine has stock but not much. what is going on TRU is bare and has been like that for 3 weeks now. joe has got it worse as my walmart has dropped the line altogether. TRU just got a crap load of roc toys. so i would like to know what is up with the distribution from hasbro?

20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Wal-Mart is filled with ROTF toys, HFD Jolts, and a few Generations figures. Oh, and the obligatory shelf of Night Ops Ratchet. The newest things that seem to hang there are the two Generations waves with Dirge and Blurr, and Thunderwing and Skullgrin.

Nothing else.

This pretty much goes for all of the stores around here.