Customs: Walmart- God's gift to transformer collectors... (sometimes)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by the (H)i(GH)con, Dec 31, 2008.

1. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I am blessed with approximatlely 850 trillion Walmarts within 30 minutes or less from my house... I don't know about where you guys live, but around here, the deluxe class transformers go for between 10 and 12 bucks (before tax) at most stores. However at Walmart, they're only $7.77!! Odd price, but I'm not complaining. Anyways, yesterday I was there buying my first dremel (YAY!), and they had TONS of the new figures. + picked up hound, starscream, and cyclonus for less than $30! (still can't find blur though) Take THAT overpriced online toy stores!! (although I still buy from them too)

Attached Files:

2. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The 7.77 for a Deluxe is sweet, gonna miss it when it's gone. I just wish I could find Cyclonus...I already have one, but I want more!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Targets here have deluxes for $7.79.

I love it.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Still $7.77 here (sales tax sucks though). I just wish they'd drop the price of Voyagers and Ultras some as well.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

$7.77 + sales tax, ain't half bad and of course trying to buy the "right one" without troubles, but thats not the case sometimes. Still I go there because its cheap for me and I always like it (its a redneck thing I guess). lol

6. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    You woundnt happen to pick up an extra Cyclonus did you?
    because im in need of one seriously BAD!
    PM soo we can talk.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My most local WM has the previous Universe figures marked at $5.00, though no new ones yet.

8. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Congrats, man. You gotta love those decent prices on toys and they have the tools and bits when you need 'em. Just picked up a Dremel Stylus at Target to replace my old Dremel. The only sad thing is, Wal-Mart seems to be getting more business and putting other toys stores out of it.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yea, Voyagers and Ultras need to go down to about $15 and $20, respectively.

It'd also be nice if the Activators were marked down since paying more than a deluxe is stupid. Marking down those Crossovers would be sweet too.

10. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Try paying $14.99 before tax up here in Canada.
    Don't even get me started on the $39.99 Ultra's :mad 

11. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

In my area, that's only for Animated. Universe are still $9.99.

Hey, does anybody remember the hooplah about Hasbro raising prices around Sept 1st? =)

But, yeah, that $7.77 deal has been super sweet both for buying new toys and also for bash material. I've bought numerous Prowl and SSs for bashing (SS as in SunStreaker, SideSwipe and StarScream) and probably will still pick up a couple more for parts. =)

12. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

They are this price here but they have no selection at all!

13. zgraham

zgraham Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart is my one stop shop for my kit bashing supplies. Where else can you get dremel parts, paint, and the figures? I have been loving their recent sales. I picked up a bunch of deluxe figures for 5.00 each, a few voyager figures for 15.00 each, and a bionicle kit for 5.00. Also having a discount card doesn't hurt anything either. I just wish they still sold model kits and supplies.

14. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Ok, I'm writing this on my ps3 and a small keypad (think cellphone sized) so please bear with me.....

Terrorcon King- I'll pm you next, please stand by......

hXcpunk23- Yeah, I agree that other stores going out of buissiness sucks, but when walmart (a store that carries a little bit of everything) has better prices and a better selection than say, Toys r us (a store that I THOUGHT was supposed to exclusively sell toys) what can ya do? Does anyone else see something wrong with that??

Satomiblood- I agree, toys are getting WAAAAAY to overpriced!! Remember in the 80's when you didn't have to choose between eating for the week and buying toys? lol. G.I. joes were less than $2.00 in most places and I remember only paying around 25-30 bucks for the ''big'' transformers!

Nemesis Predaking- $14.9f'ing9??? (see above) Damn, my list of reasons why I don't like canada keeps getting longer and longer! (j/k of course....kinda) I actually used to help promote for a company that throws raves in canada.....

15. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

I'm the same as far as having plenty in my general vicinity. Mine is not the same however as far as bringing in new stock. I watch these boards and get super excited when I see somewhat go I just picked up the latest (just pick one, it doesn't matter), so I run to my wal-mart(s), and of course don't see that specific toy for months. As of late though, I did see that universe sideswipes and ironhides are shelf warmers, so if anyone's in desperate need of those 2 molds, just let me know.