Walmart Exclusive G1 Devastator Gift Set Reissue + G1 Starscream + G1 Legion Pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by giafunk, Jul 6, 2018.

1. tagmac

tagmac Well-Known Member

A big reason for this is likely that, due to the price of the toys when we were kids, coupled with them killing off most of the original characters in the movie (and thus discontinuing their toys), many of us never got all of the figures we really wanted back then. I never did get or even see a completed Devastator, never had any of the original Jets, and had to live with my Bumblejumper figure instead of the correct Bee. Thanks to WM, I can now get these guys (waiting for Bee to come back in stock - not paying the ridiculous markup on ebay). Additionally, I never had Blaster or Soundwave, both of whom were high on my list. Thanks to TRU and SDCC, I was able to get the legit reissues of these a few years back.

The Dinobots were also big on my list, but the only one I ever had was Grimlock, then that stupid-looking red Slag from the late 90's which served only to hold me over. Truth was, triceratops was my favorite, so I always wanted Slag, but Grimlock was a gift from a friend who didn't know better, and the one time I found a lone Slag in a Kiddie City (in the late 80's, some time after it had been discontinued), my mother wouldn't let me buy it, and there went my last shot at a vintage one. Since these guys were never legitimately reissued, and I want nothing to do with the Chinese KO's out there now, I resorted to getting loose ones on ebay to finish the set. Swoop is especially expensive, so I went for one that was cheaper due to a broken beak, as a little glue should take care of that (I hope). I'm actually surprised they HAVEN'T reissued the dino's, when you consider they rank in popularity almost as much as Prime, Starscream, and Soundwave do.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Someone suggested some time ago that, given the Dinobots' popularity and (thus) the likely success of any reissue attempt, it is only reasonable to assume that the molds for them have been lost.

Now, the recent dinocassette reissues do prove that even lost molds can be recreated, but this has always been understood to be an extremely expensive undertaking. Would Dinobot reissues (having far more complex molds than the dinocassettes) be successful enough to be worth the expense of mold-recreation? That's for Hasbro or Takara to determine....

• Like Like x 4
  3. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

i don't think they are lost because i have dinobot ko's that i got about a year ago

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Perhaps "inaccessible" might be a better word.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The SKU links are the first page of the topic. Its work for me and shows 12 at 3 of my walmarts,although Im pretty sure with my area they are still on the pallets and not on the shelves yet.

6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    I've bought Hot Rod and Bumblebee to keep in the packaging (Bee is MOSC but I opened Hot rod to reverse the tray, he's still tied to his tray though). I may buy the others if they show up in stores. The reason is because I want to have them in their original packaging; to gaze at my shelf like it's 1986 and I'm at Toys Plus as a ten-year-old.

• Like Like x 5
  7. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven’t seen any restocks online today, which is kinda odd. Maybe today is just one of those days where they come and go so fast, but I usually see them. Might have something to do with them finally distributing them to the states.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Walmart in Spanaway, WA had these already out as of September 18, 2018. I skipped buying any though cuz I still have my original G1 Hotrod and box. But it sure was nice to see the old style packaging again, and for the first time in my life G1 boxes with NO CREASE IN THE FLAP!!! Only thing bugs me is the hotrods are put in backwards in the window :/

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  9. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, cool, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apologies,I only see Hotrod in stock at mine,the other figures say no stock available but the SKUs still work on Brickseek.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu TFW2005 Supporter

Never have I been so wrong but so happy about it. Well, I could think of other times if I tried...anyways, they did arrived in the US! Yay!

If I see a Bumblebee, he's mine. If not, oh well.

12. DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork Well-Known Member

Why do you think these are being released at different times instead of all together?

13. nycPrime

nycPrime Well-Known Member

Outback arrived. Just need Tailgate!

14. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I'm just taken back how I'm going to bring my kids to buy their own G1 toys and it's not going to be at Toys R Us.

Walmart... Out of all places. Walmart.

• Like Like x 2
  15. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Hot Rod in-store at Walmart in California. Not sure if that's noteworthy at this point, sorry if I look foolish. :D 

0919181923.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Meh, I got most of mine from Asda as a kid and Walmart owns Asda now.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Because stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blackout32

Blackout32 Anthrax - Persistence of Time

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I think I'm just about at the time and place and power to except i probably wont get G1 transformers tailgate,starscream,devy. I've had my tailgate cancelled 4 times and haven't had ANY opportunity to get Devy and my starscream. My order is just in limbo so i really don't know what to. So being as a person like me that doesn't walk very well or of any length of time. I really don't want to give up but walmart in my area suck and can't drive 30 mins only to be told nope don't have it. Man i wished i had better odds here let me tell ya.

19. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Freaky Friday! I picked up Tailgate from Walmart this evening, and an hour later my Outback order was cancelled!

20. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come on South east. Daddy needs a Starscream and a Bee.