Walmart exclusive Devastator: Anyone feel cheated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rid, Jan 24, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    He feels cheated that Hasbro went the easy way by re-releasing existing molds instead of new ones like they already did for rest of the line. No need for a transaction to feel cheated. I feel the exact same way. Energon molds just don't belong to Classics. The useless energon chips make it even worse.

2. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

considering we won't get it, who knows. Stupid USA only exclusives really piss me off.

3. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Exactly, this friggin nit picking at people's english is really annoying to read. Here's a good thing to remember before you go around correcting someone.

Unless you have a master's in english or you are perfect, do everyone a favour and be quiet. That applies to everyone, I am not singling anyone out here, but the fact is, no one is perfect and not everyone is as well versed in our language as we may be. Also keep in mind that not everything means the same thing in english to all english speaking people.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok guys this thread either stays on track and on topic or else.........

5. rid

rid Well-Known Member

Well, there's still hope yet. Seeing how TRU Soundwave is a US only but there are reports of it coming to Canadian TRU. And hopefully to TRU worldwide...

Devastator is a Walmart exclusive and Walmarts are all over the planet so there may be hope yet...

6. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I still have hope. Whether I'll get it is up in the air. I think what we all want is an updated Bruticus mold.

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Look at the Alternator Ravages. There's two of them. Who's to say a new-mold Classics Devastator isn't planned for after the movie?

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Gotta point there, and may even get a movie Devastator in TFTM 2 or 3 or something (hopes). After seeing the new Red Alert fig Id be pretty optimistic for it

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Not to nit-pick, but there wasn't going to be a new mold Devastator for Classics, period. It was either repaint something like this for a store exclusive or nothing.

10. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I passed on the Energon combiners too, so this does nothing for me. If I cared about putting a repaint Devastator with my Classics, I'd just use the Universe/RiD Build Team repaint one, which is somewhat oddly proportioned for a combiner but doesn't use repeat molds.

11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Nice idea in principle, but in a forum where communication matters, communication should be clear so as to avoid miscommunication. More importantly, there should be a corollary to your statement: If you lack a Master's in English, and are not perfect, you should not be suprised when your words are not interpreted as intended.

I didn't mean to start anything with my first post, but "cheated" is a very specific term that implies a dishonest act on the part of the company. That is very different from not being happy with a purchase (which I am sure most of us have been at one time or another). The difference is not minor. Accusing a company of cheating is libelous. It's one thing to say you did a bad job for me, and quite another to say you deliberately swindled me. There was, however, no personal jibe intended.

As for the rest, I responded to RID's question of what he wrote that said he had purchased Devastator. I confess I did so with more sarcasm than was necessary, and was in poor form, even if provoked. If RID wants to continue to make a personal issue of it, well, c'est la vie.

12. rid

rid Well-Known Member

Wait a minute there. You can't say there's 2 Alternator Ravages. There's one Ravage and one Battle Ravage. So, as an agent of the English police, I must inform you that you can't say that. Oh, hold on... let me get that broomstick out of my arse... Ah... that feels better, it's ok now. You can say two Alt Ravages. We all know and understand what you mean.

And I am hopeful too. If the Classics line continues after the movie, we may be lucky enough to get a decent Devastator reminiscent of G1. The Classic line is a good one and it deserves a decent Devastator.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The Waaaaahmbulance is on the way!

Don't like? DON'T BUY.

14. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT.

I am pleased because I never bought the molds first time around.

If I had, then I would just skip out on this one.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Yeah, I couldn't find any of them, passed up the Japanese giftset due to prohibitive cost and being left cold by Superion Supreme Jerkiness.

However I snagged 2 pieces via eBay lots and like them a lot, so another chance to get the set is always welcome, especially at that price.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey, I have a masters in english. Can I correct people's shoddy english?

PS: Picked up this guy last week...and then decided to return him. I just didn't see the point in having a toy which, essentially, WAS Energon Devastator. The purple repaints for the last two limbs weren't appealing, and I figured I could use the cash.

Maybe I'll kitbash the original Energon Devastator limbs into something more interesting later. For now...no thanks, classics repaint!

17. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I didn't have the original, I'd get it. And since it's cheaper than before, I wish I'd waited!

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what do you mean you picked him up last week??

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    That's exactly what I was thinking. To the best of my knowledge, that would be the first retail sighting in the US.

20. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Well said Megatrop. Any gestalt that simply has doubles of 2 smaller vechicles ought to be ashamed of itself, and ought to be shamed by TF fans, and that this one came from Energon says a whole lot about that series in general, which should be put away in a locker never to be found or re-pressed off of again.