walmart dvd exclusive issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon665, Sep 26, 2007.

1. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i was at walmart here in beaumont late last night/early this morning and saw their little display at the entrance about the tf dvd on the 16th of next month.i double-checked on the walmart site and still am not 100% on this:
    the walmart exclusive animated prequel seems to be attached to the single disc dvd,so,in essence,those of us not wanting to buy 2 copies will have to get either that or the standard special features.the website kind of fails to give enough information but does list the special edition and the walmart prequel edition seperately.
    can anyone confirm or correct this?

2. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Well now my interest is peaked on finding out.
    With all these exclusives on the 16th, walmart I think has the best. however I'm more interested in a two disc edition then I am with singles, always have been.
    But if this exclusive is tied down to the single disc, then bummer.

3. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind The Killer Joke

The two disc has junk special features, nothing worthwhile.

Single disc has awesome art. Looks like i'll go with Wal*Mart this time. I wonder what Target has though..

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    With the DVD release only being about 2-3 weeks away, I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about this bonus prequel DVD yet. Other than the general info we've been told about Cullen and some of the others doing voices for it, there's been no word at all of how long it is, what kind of animation it is, no teaser clips... nothing.

With next to no hype about it, I'm starting to wonder if it's just some quickie flash based "moving comic" of sorts rather than being fully animated.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well bummer I guess... I did want the 2 disc set, but that prequel sounded really awsome. Anyone know if the extras are even worth it on the 2-disc?

6. decepticon665

the prequel is said to be feature-length,narrated by peter cullen.no other details or talent were sited.and i think wm is intentionally keeping the details under wraps to get us interested.their logic may be that if they tell us what it is we may write it off early.
    i think we need to hunt down the features list for the 2 disc to make an accurate choice.

7. decepticon665

8. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Very interesting?:inquisiti  I don't know they both sound good, so I will probably get both just to see.

9. decepticon665

...and for those of us without $50 for dvd's next month?

10. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My guess is that the animated prequel is not a full animation, but instead a narrated page by page of the comic. A fully animated 22 minute episode would cost too much to be given away for free, especially with the single disc. If it is only available with the single disc, then that is what I am getting. It has better artwork and the bonus features on the 2 disc aren't anything special. In addition, we all know that a super special edition will be released at some point, probably around Transformers 2 time.

11. Optimus62

I guess it will be decision time. If you can't buy both, you'll have to decide which one is worth buying first.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  12. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    And Oddobot swoops in with this:

I work at a Walmart, in electronics, i've been keeping an eye out for ANY shipments dated 10/16/07, haven't seen any yet, will look again when I go in today. I have yet to hear about any exclusive DVD that they are getting, my boss usually keeps me up on anything TF-related. The second I find anything i'll let you guys know, maybe one of the chicks in the photo lab will have her camera phone and I can get a pic of any info about a prequel........

13. decepticon665

that is kinda the point of the thread--to establish which to buy.

if i'm not mistaken,there's been word of the prequel here on tfw2005 for weeks.my walmart--beaumont,texas--even has a display at the entrance making note of it,and it is listed on walmart.com,despite there being almost no information there on it.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Street dated media product rarely ever arrives more than 7-10 days in advance. It's not even October yet.

I have worked for Wal-Mart, Target, GameStop, Hollywood Video -- all of which regularly received street dated product. On the average, street dated product arrived within 2-5 days of the launch.

Walmart will likely get a pallet display for Transformers, especially with them offering an exclusive. It will likely arrive the between Thursday and Sunday before the street date.

As for other store exclusives, I do know that MovieStop is offering a free TF theatrical poster with a pre-order for the DVD. The employees told me they were expecting the posters to arrive this week, and Thursday is usually a big shipment day for them. I'm dropping by there Friday to see if they got them yet.

15. Optimus62

If I only had enough to buy only one next month, I would buy the disk with the prequel on it. The extras on the 2-disc can wait.:) 

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, regardless if you have the money to buy every version, you still wanna know which one you would prefer to buy so you don't have a half a dozen versions sitting around.

17. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I'm still waiting to see if the BEST BUY exclusives come with the Voyager Metalic repaints. If that is the case, I'll be buying that one, if not, I'm more inclined to see the Target exclusive before the walmart one.

I'm a bit leery on this "animated prequal." I highly doubt Cullen will do the voice over for Prime...and none of these extra packaged things from walmart have ever really been worth it. Except maybe the Star Wars LE with comic bundles.

18. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought it has already been reported by Mark Ryan that Cullen will be doing the animated prequel voice.

19. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I remember hearing bout the voices too - I think Mark Ryan also is reprising his role as Bumblebee... can't recall anything else. And I thought it was animated; not just "narrated". I seem to recall Cullen being pretty psyched about it.

20. infinitron

infinitron DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

Feh. The Comic prequel didn't do much for me so I really don't care about an "animated" version of it.

I just want whatever's on that sweet, sweet, Hi-Def HDDVD.