Walmart.com question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered a TFA Ultra Magnus today from Walmart.com and was surprised that even with a tax added, my shipping was between 1/2 and 1/3 of normal shipping elsewhere.

My question is, how do they ship? all the website says is Standard Shipping, and offers a reasonable timeline for delivery.

so, do they ship UPS, FedEx or USPS?
    just curious.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I believe my stuff was UPS.

3. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

It's walmart, they can afford to only charge 97 cent shipping.

4. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks.
    I am glad it's not USPS.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart is everywhere. The probably twisted the arms of the delivery companies for that price. Good times, good times.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't like Wal Mart so, I don't use Wal Mart.com.

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i have ordered like a cheap drunk whore from walmart.com lately with the 97 cents shipping...some stuff via fed ex...some mail...some UPS...seems to figure on the size of the item and where they are sending from...

8. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

This

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The last time I bought something from walmart.com. They packed my one item in a huge box packed with packing paper rolled up the size of an anaconda.

10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

wal

I do not understand this anti Wal-Mart stuff, and Walmart site to store definately has better packaging then Hasbro.

Even if they do pack the thing in a box ten times the size, I got the first Robot Heroes set site to stored and it was in perfect shape.

The volume they ship surely exceeds the shipping from Hasbro, bulk customers usaully receive large discounts.

11. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

When I had ordered my TFA Ultra Magnus from walmart.com he was delivered by FedEx.

12. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was going to order "Site to Store" but for less than a dollar i can get it a few days faster... Also, i know a few people that work in the back at my Walmart, i'd rather have it shipped to my door.

And frankly, if my UM looks more like Fort Max with 20 pounds of bubble wrap and packing material, and they still don't bust my balls for shipping it that way, they rock in my book.

Evil Corporate Entity? Maybe.
    But they come by it honestly by selling stuff i am wanting for a better price.
    i think i can afford to lose that part of my soul, lol.

13. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    mine came UPS and cost 97 cents. Volume or not nobody qualifies for that big of a discount from UPS/Fedex etc, the remaining cost is rolled into the cost of the item which shows you how much buying power walmart has and even on clearance with 97 cent shipping I guarantee they still made money.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I order site-to-store it came in a large box and no packing. Same as HTS.

Yeah, the one time I site-to-store it took me 10-15 minutes to find somebody in the area and then another 10-15 minutes for them to find the figure in the back and check me out. I figure 30 minutes of my life is worth more then 97 cents.

Some cost savings probably comes from Walmart shipping the items to its warehouse in the city so it's just a local delivery for fedex.

15. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Some cost savings probably comes from Walmart shipping the items to its warehouse in the city so it's just a local delivery for fedex.[/QUOTE]

shipping is done in zones / weight or size/ than area. If Im shipping across the street or to florida its the same cost more or less. I could ship to myself fo the same cost as it would be 1000 miles away with the exception of the fuel surcharge. The actual distance really doesnt effect the cost of shipping as the process is still the same. Give it to a driver / loads it on the truck/ unloads it from the truck at the distribution center / handled my x amount of people and even more belts to be loaded onto a different truck out for delivery.