WALMART closing layaway company wide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oddobot, Sep 19, 2006.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    I know this isn't really relevant news, but sometimes a toy collector has no choice but to put things on Layaway until they can afford it. But now after many years WALMART is doing away with it's Layaway service. I work at WALMART, and have seen first hand the anger this decision is causing. I think it's total bullshit that they are doing this. The reasoning behind it is unclear also. One day they say it's because they are losing money, saying that when someone puts something on Layaway, then the item goes on Clearance, the person then gets that item for the clearance price, which is semi-understandable, but the other day, they come out and say that it's because customers are using more and more giftcards and credit cards. I really think that WALMART is quickly becoming the next Kmart in the essence that they are driving themselves under. They are doing everything the wrong way, closing Layaway right before Christmas, which is a big deal if you live in a small town like I do, where alot of people have no other shopping choices within a 30 minute drive, as to buy stuff.

Let me know what you guys think. I know this topic is boring as hell, but having used layaway to get toys, I know it really bugs the crap out of me. How bout you?

Oddobot

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

3. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    My bad.....oooopsy