Walmart Circular Ad "TF Event", Oct. 4-10

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Original source: Event Dates: Sunday, October 4 — Saturday, October 10, 2009

Zobovor just posted this on his site. While none of the toys (or even the prices) are really anything new, it's interesting that a whole page in Walmart's ad is devoted to TFs. We do get to see them trying to pump their exclusives (such as the new Universe Ultra repaints). Happy hunting!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Interesting. Maybe we'll get our hands on some new waves...doubtful, but I still gotta pick up Ramjet, though.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Holy crap. $20 for the Blu-Ray? That's GREAT.

4. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

Not the biggest fan of Wal-mart, but that aside I will have to go hit this event up bright and early!!

End of Line

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of odd that they give the Seeker repaints so much space; all of the Wal-Marts near me either never got them in or dropped them to $10 several weeks ago. That's gotta be one of the first times I've seen "Seeker" in any official advertising, in reference to Starscream repaints, though.

And, hopefully, this means that all Wal-Marts will be getting in the TFU 2.0 Ultra exclusives, since they're being promoted in an ad.

6. Optym

Optym Beast Mode

Anybody know if this will be released in Canada aswell?

7. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Interesting to see TFs getting so much ad space. I just wish the prices were better (for the toys at least, they're largely what I can already get).

8. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hardhead is a definite for me. Maybe a Powerglide too.....although I already have the original white one and the Stormcloud repaint.

9. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Lucky. My local Walmart never got them, and the one close to where I work still has them at the $27 price.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Red Powerglide!
    The ROTF Leaders on sale and the movie on Blu-ray?

Oh my aching wallet!

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    $30 per Ultra huh?:rolleyes: 

12. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, $30 is a bit pricey, but Hardhead is a for sure purchase, maybe on the Powerglide. I would like to see a comparison of Henkei Powerglide vs. Universe Wal-Mart Powerglide before I make my decision.

On another note, $20 for the Blu Ray, HELLS YEAH! Definitely getting this. Now I'll have a cheap Blu Ray copy to go with that Michael Bay/Make-A-Wish Foundation charity copy. Hopefully, I will be able to get Leader Jetfire and Leader Megatron for $35 a piece.

13. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

really do want that hardhead.

14. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Find it funny skywarp and ramjet's rollback is in the flyer. I guess a bunch of stores besides mine ordered to many of those.

That bumblebee helmet can crush children as their wearing it. Just look at the picture.

on the deluxes: "variety of figures each comes with accessory" of the three pictured only bumblebee has a accessory: his missile. I kind of have wince at that statement because cybertron, armada, energon, and classics figures all have accessories while movie figures are sold weaponless.

You simply never know if these store exclusives will sell out on day one, the recent gijoe two packs with the resolute gung ho sold out on the first day in my area. Very fortunate to have snagged them, though I was grumbleing on the way home for spending $40 on one bag of loot. They were perfect figures once I got them open though. don't regret it anymore.

I'm buying the three ultras and the fearswoop set then. $114 before tax.

Oh! Also on the flyer they call the fury of fearswoop a "movie scene pack"

Yes. because I remember the scene in the movie where mudflap and sideswipe got into a intense battle with a yellow jet fighter robot. Hope that's one of your two disc dvd/blueray extras.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  15. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol at the sideways transformation and the bee helmet is huge and deff does not have that much detail.

16. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That's what I want to know. Otherwise I'm going to be asking someone for the hook-up on Hardhead.

17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The local Walmart has the two seekers at $20. Wonder if their price will be rolled "up" for this? Anyhow, I will try to get a Powerglide (and the price is the same as the TRU Universe Ultra exclusives), but thats it for now. I think I saw a flyer for this on the TNI (Toy News International) Joe forum on the thread about why movie Joes are "failing". Someone had a pic of a letter posted about a reset featuring new Joe and TF exclusives. I hope the new Joe sets (the Battle Stations sets) hit then also.

+-MWG-+

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I doubt my local Wal Wart will get them in. Heck, they have yet to get any of the Skywarp and ramjets in yet. I had to drive to Richmond to get one.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    seriously? no one can spell check these ads? LINTICULAR? wtf is that...

and the $30 price point is disappointing, but i still want hardhead...i think i'll just keep my regular powerglide...and skyjack isn't that interesting...i kinda want him, but doubt i'll get him...don't really need that mold a 3rd time...

and not that i need them, but i thought skywarp and ramjet were already 20, so they're raising the price? i was just at walmart the other night and coulda sworn they were 20...maybe i need to double check...

20. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Will wait for them to go on the site. The closest Walmart is 25 minutes away and a pain to get to through side streets.