Walmart Canada to stop selling Lego?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Dinobot Nuva, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ha! You kiddin'? My Wal*mart's get shit here! If you hadn't told me, I woulda never noticed. (I understand this may not be the case all over, but I also hear similar stories from other Cnd collectors of both LEGO and TFs) Still, Wal*mart is but one retailer that carries, there's still TRU, Zellers, and other smaller stores around the country that carry them.

Now if Zellers stopped carrying, I'd be devastated, because they always have the new sets and there's always plenty.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

that sucks...but that's just Wal-Mart though, at least they got other places.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

yea. i figured this was the case when Zellers loaded an entire shelf length of 2008 LEGO product a week after xmas, when WM stocked new Mega Blocks and magna warriors.

I was able to pick up some Indiana Jones LEGOs a few weeks back, and a wicked cool 3 in 1 train engine kit.

love Lego, always have, always will. just now Zellers gets my business instead of Wal mart... and Zellers is carrying the new 25th GI.joes with english packages... so WM can go &*% themselves LOL

5. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I wondered if that was going to happen... seeing as Walmart has had nothing for Lego recently. Ah well, there is always TRU and Zellers.

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait...

So instead of stocking expensive product, which is guaranteed to sell if it's pricing is in line with every other retailer(come on, what store can't sell legos? They sell themselves ffs), they decided to carry no product?

Sounds to me more like walmart tried their price bullying and it backfired since people will just go elsewhere to buy the same legos at the same price.

I mean honestly, who hasn't bought or had someone buy legos for them at some point? There's tons of crap in toy aisles that most people will never buy, EVERYONE buys legos.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Sad...

I haven't played with Legos in YEARS. Mainly because my TF sets took up the shelf space where I displayed some pieces.

8. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wondering why I couldn't find any LEGO at any of the Walmarts where I live... not a really big deal for me since TRU has always had better selections and exclusive.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    QFT!

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

its not like we havn't gotten used to high LEGO prices... they even come in standardized price points like Transformers. you have your $4.99 basic kits, your $12.99 deluxe kits, your $19.00 advanced kits, and then your $24-$34 base sets, then your $50-$100 base kits. All depending size and brick count.

i do miss the LEGO themed personality figure kits that came with a bunch of "troop builders" lol. i used to buy castle figures the most. loved the forest men sets.

now that i think about it, it does sound like walmart price bullying back firing.... i mean, your right, who the hell won't buy lego at any price, when every other cnanadian store sell it at the exact same price anyway. oh well, one less isle to check now.

theres always shop at home lego service too for those hard to find, rare sets

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I want to know what's going in it's place on the shelves.
    Mostly more TF stuff I hope, for you guys.

Probably more clearance stuff, or they'll just space out the remaining aisles to have more overall room

12. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

mega-blocks, magna warriors, plasma warriors, and some discounted board games. the building block isle is usually 2 or 3 isles away from action figures, so no, no more extra transformers.

the action figure isle HAS expanded though, with toys i've never heard of.... znd there has been 6 vacant since xmas Transformer pegs for what is labled " transformer movie scout class"

only movie scouts were TARGET exclusives....

so i dunno what thats about.