2D Artwork: Wallpaper - "Destiny"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Nemesis Predaking, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I ended up doing an overhaul on the wallpaper. Taking Kj's advice and the fact that the matrix was not looking right at all. I still wanted that "This is the end" flavor. Thanks for all the feedback guys. Now hit me with some more.

[​IMG]

2. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

looks pretty good, though it feels like you just took several seperate images and combined them rather than drew everything as a whole.

3. Nemesis Predaking

News Credits:

I never said that i "drew" this. Yes it is a complied Wallpaper using various images and pics. Credit to the artists has been placed in the wallpaper. Diffrent levels of blending and shading and color changes were aplyed to create the image as a whole.

4. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Certainly looks interesting, though the first thing that caught my eye was the Matrix, which looks very pasted on and flat compared to everything.

But looks nice, has that "This is the end" flavor to it.

5. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yay, you -used kilgorin, the coolest swordin the world!

see if you can make the sword look more metallic though, see if you can copy the shading on unicrons whitish bits.. ie diagonal slabs of grey over it.

or if its meant to be energy-like and glowing, put an outer-glow on it in the layer blending options.

also the reason it looks like flat things over each other is because of the drop-shadows on stuff, those shouldnt be there.. the only place thy should be is whre the sword and matrix are over megatron. you shouldnt use the drop shadow thing for that though, you should select the megatron layer, use magic wand to select the blank space around him, then invert selection to sect all of megatron, and then using a black medium sized brush on low fill, like 4% or something, draw in the shadows where they should be. that way they'll just be on megatron and not on the background. the 4% thing will mean you can gradually just keep drawing over it to build it up in the right places rahter than just splat a big blob of black on.

if you want megatron to stand out from the backgrtound, make the backgrounda bit blurred and out of focus. just imagine its real life.. if you looked at a hill in teh background behind another hill, the hill at the back would be a bit blurrier and greyer than theone in the foreground

anyway ehres a very quick and rough 5 min example of some of the thigs i mean. the most important thing that you really have to change is to get rid of the drop shadows!!! with them on it makes it look like megatron is about 5 centimetres in front of boht the background and unicron:

[​IMG]

6. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Dude that came out really good, i mean its great. The artwork is amazing!! Just one thing, you might have changed the matrix but it still looks a bit too big and doesnt seem to fit in place to well. You should downsize it and give it less brightness and contrast.

7. Nemesis Predaking

News Credits:
    Bump , Overhauled

8. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

HMm those images look really good, and i like it better than last time but try messing with the opacity and brightness of each picture seperately. I mean the Op hand and the megatron and soundwave all look like they go together but you need to lower the brightness of those to be pretty darn close to the back so it looks more of a whole picture rather than separate images put together.