Walking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ActionMasterZod, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I am in no way a "Fit" person at all.
    [​IMG]
    Pretty self explanatory.

But about a week ago I started jogging/walking around the block. On weekends I walk about a half mile after dinner and a mile in the morning (Around 10-ish) And I walk a half mile after dinner on the weekdays due to school.

I feel really great after the walk. I am of course doing this to try and loose some weight and get alot more fit.

Any tips from you guys>

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Be consistent, don't drink anything except for water (ever) and try to get your walking up to a solid 20 - 30 minutes per day.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
  4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    u look like my brother! walking is for losers, smart people use segways. Just kidding, good for you; try to cut back on fried stuff and stick to grains and veggies. That helped me with my cholesterol

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, its kinda been said but avoid sugary drinks(even fruit juice like orange juice), foods high in fat, especially anything fast food, and increase the amount you walk/excersize every so often. While I don't really calorie count, you'd really be surprised at how many calories things really have. And think about what's most worth it- having a bag of doritos, or having a good sandwich? It's usually better to eat something meal like then a snack of any kind. But good for you either way- as long as it's making you feel better.

6. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Drink alot i mean alot of water!

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not only drink water and nothing but like llama says, drink it ice cold. Your body burns calories heating it up (hell, that's exactly what a calorie is, the energy required to heat a certain amount of water a single degree). I also feel like doing that constantly improves your resting metabolism, although there's no research out there to support that belief.

And walking is good, but fundamentally, diet is what helps you lose weight. You know what's shit, and you know if it's in the house you'll eat it. So just don't buy crap food. Willpower is easier at the grocery store.

AND NO FAST FOOD EVER. That shit is weight-loss poison.

8. EmineX

EmineX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Props to you for trying to stay fit. The first couple of weeks are the most difficult.

If you're interesting in perhaps running at some point, this site has some great tips for the beginning walker/runner: Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

9. llamatron

News Credits:
    QFT for both of those. Fast food is a killer. I've been (very slowly) getting back in shape but somehow still find myself chowing down on a greasy death bomb almost weekly. I cry fatty salty tears for days.

10. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Listen to him he knows what he is talking about!

11. llamatron

News Credits:
    Oh my other protip is if you do have to go to McD's or wherever, don't get fries or a drink. Those are what really kills ya.

12. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Totally agree on the diet things. You can work out doing whatever form of exercise you want, but will not really see big results until you get the diet under control. Basically what the squirrelly one says... don't buy crap food.

13. ActionMasterZod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I broke that fast food rule pretty much on a weekly basis a few months ago. It is just easier for my mom to get something out than making a meal. But were pretty much all away from that now.
    And where does Subway stand in the ActionMasterZod Vs Weight battle>

14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Subs from Subway actually have alot of calories, because of the bread which is full of carbs too. But it's better than alot of other food choices.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Start purging or no one will ever love you, Fatty McOutback.

16. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This is really good advice. Soft drinks are just wasted calories, and if you drink a lot, your walking may only just burn the calories you gain from drinking them. Drink water, water, water until it becomes a habit.

17. ActionMasterZod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The water in the school vending machines are 25 cents cheaper so that works out in more way than one XD.
    I can easily quit soda, I remember not drinking one soda for about four months, and I can't really say I missed it. And good thing my dad doesn't drink soda, so I can just ask my mom to not buy it at the store anymore.
    Awesome, thanks again guys.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To avoid a thread you posting a thread in four years like that other dude who can't manage his money, stop buying bottled water.

Buy a nice water bottle for ten bucks, and then use the "faucet" in "kitchens" and "restrooms" to fill it up. Tap water is just as safe as regular water, and if it's a taste thing, buy packets of Crystal Light. Nothing but flavor in 'em...well, and probably cancer twenty years from now, but I'm sure we'll have a cure by then.

19. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i actually went from 270lbs to 170 and then back up to abt 220 but body builder style...and i have got alil bit of baggage back. Actually ice cold water slows down digestion, its supposed to be room temp, but i dont see it making a big difference, nonetheless water and only water is good advice. i did 2 hrs of weight training or so a day after work to start off, then i added jogging. once you get more comfortable jogging, like i did, i used the Air Force routine for getting up to running 2 miles. basicly you travel 2 miles every time, lets say 2-3 times a week then up to every other day. your walking/jogging amt is broke up into intervals and basicly every week you add to the jogging parts more and take away from the walking til youre running the whole thing. Regardless of what ppl tell you tho FRUIT and VEGETABLES are the best for losing weight, keep some lean portein in ya tho like tuna and chicken! but i did most of my weightloss training and eating fruit.

20. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I can't even gain weight; I feel like a twig. :(