Wal-mart rules

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ok, today i went to a wal-mart i have never been to, and when i went to the toy section, i found the PCC 5 pack constructicons (looked everywhere for the dinobots, no luck)

so i go to check out and it would not scan, so i tell the lady i can go grab another set to get the price off, so i run and grab crankcase and the destrons, and she scanned it. notice the shelf tag said $20, they rang up for $10. So I ended up getting the constructicons for $10!

moral to the story:the destron 5 pack is the most kickass PCC set ever made, not only did it get me full on collecting PCC, it also got me the one of the newest 5 packs for half off!

2. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Wish I could find the Destrons and Constructicons... the Walmart by my house hasn't had anything new in months. I did find a random Skystalker for $3 though.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    The only new thing my Wal Mart has is Battle in Space.

4. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Yeah I was able to find the dinobot pack at one of my walmarts and paid $10 for it too.

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had something similar happen with Energon Galvatron. It wouldn't scan so the lady offered $10 on it. I took it without hesitation.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats on your deal!

However, I completely disagree with the title. Tuner Mudflap and Stalker Scorponok agree with me. Generations Prime and BB don't disagree either.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Congrats! Walmart around here has been BRUTAL for new figures.

8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Definitely disagree with the title, though I'm glad you found what you were looking for. First off, Wal Mart's business practices are wholly disgusting. Second off, I'm a former employee and I can say that they treat their employees like absolute dirt. Long, long anecdotal explanation of Wal Mart being bad to their employees now spoilered for its tangent nature:

One day, I was called into the office before my shift started. Never a good thing at Wal Mart. I had been having a bad week, as I had found out that my dad was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer and was possibly going to be dying very shortly. I was getting about two hours of sleep because they had scheduled me for the morning shift (which, when moving to the checking department, I was promised wouldn't happen) and I'm an insomniac. I was also on medication for severe depression, which makes me drowsy and dizzy. So I was a bit spacey, it happens.

They told me that they wanted to talk about my customer service. I wasn't in trouble. I had started as a checker a couple of weeks before and was still learning things so I didn't know too much about what to do. I got about two hours of training on my first day checking from a lady who had alcohol on her breath and farted on me the entire time. A transaction had happened where a customer needed a price check, and none of the PICs were responding so she volunteered to go look it up (which nobody told me we weren't supposed to let them do). She came back, I gave her the price she said as I'd been told to do and she leaves after I tell her how many bags she had and spun it around so she could see them. It was busy, so I moved on to helping the next customer. I noticed before I could catch her (it was the smoke shop, and I wasn't allowed to leave) that she forgot a bag, and she comes back about an hour later and grabs it.
    I tried explaining the situation after they yelled at me for about 20 minutes; I was forced to interrupt them (albeit a tad angrily, as the situation they were describing was so trivial as to be frustrating), as she wouldn't let me speak, and the other manager yelled at me for interrupting her and said "Do you know who you're talking to?!".I apologized and told them about my dad and how it was effecting my sleep and my mind and broke down in tears. She says "My dad is dying too, I'm still able to function". I try to explain that I'm still able to function, I'd just had a bad day, and was working on it. It devolved from there, and after a lot of getting yelled at they suggest I take a "leave" which is a way for Wal Mart to fire you without you getting unemployment. I told them that I couldn't afford to take a leave and one of the managers (a VERY scary ex-marine) tells me that if that's the case I needed to "Man-up" (Which is a pretty horrible thing to say to a transgendered person, even if I was transitioning at the time and may have not appeared feminine).

I, frustrated with the triviality of what they were trying to get me in trouble for, used the time to talk about a past event that had happened (a department manager had told them that I did something when it was in fact her that did it, I proved that she was lying, and nothing was done. This same girl had also had sex in the produce cooler during work which I told them about afterwards for spiteful reasons and nothing was done) and why it hadn't been taking care of and the head manager yelled at me for being "sarcastic" and threatened to write me up on the spot. I explained that I wasn't being sarcastic, and that I was merely asking why nothing was done and she yelled at me not to ask because it wasn't my business. So I quit and walked out of the store. I went back once to get my final check.

This is a long, slightly convoluted, and not complete recollection of the event. I plan on editing it, as I think it proves for an interesting story. I tried my best to present it fairly and convey all of what happened, but I hope you get the point that Wal Mart is fucking awful to their employees. And it's not just me; nearly every other co-worker I talked to there had similar horror stories and hated it as much as I did.

Don't shop at Wal Mart if you can help it. Transformers collecting is a form of consumerism that in itself presents some moral issues, you doesn't need to go to the lowest common denominator of stores to buy unnecessary plastic objects.

9. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i just made a thread title that i thought that would get people curious....holy crap....

besides, you don't have a choice if the only real close by store for transformers is a wal-mart

i have never had a problem with wal-mart, i enjoy going there.....i just wanted to share an experience that happened....

10. lordcryotek

Well, words have connotations attached to them, careful how you use them.

11. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I completly agree with you. My Mom is a CSM at her Walmart, and they treat her like dirt....actually no. They would treat dirt better...

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    thats like saying puppies rule is bad because someone had a bad story where a puppy killed their uncle.......

this is just a thread where i mentioned i got a toy for half price, nothing more, nothing less

for the record:i like wal-mart, always have, probably always will, i enjoy shopping there

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Oh wow. Way to fuck up someone's thread. Geez.

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Walmart is the best store ever IMO. Kmart usually NEVER has what I want.

Agreed. That was HIGHLY unnecessary.

15. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I go to Kmart to get things I missed that have been out for a while like the RPM Megazord and Animated Leader Bulkhead/Megatron I didn't get a few years ago for some reason.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not surprise about what you've said about them. When I worked there 10 yrs ago, I had a nervous breakdown and I was locked up for seven days in a mental hospital.

When I got out of there, I was feeling good about myself and that night I return to work. Well they told me I needed to go back home and come back in the morning to have a meeting with the store manager.

So I went back in the next morning to talk to the manager and everything fell back to shit. While I was locked up, there were all kinds of rumors spread about me and that pu**y motherfu*ker store manager believed every word of it. He was trying to get me to quit, but he failed.

Today the store still has the same store manager. I was told he will never be promoted to a district manager. He once had a secret relationship with some young female employee.

But I believe that store manager and maybe others keep a firearm inside their vehicles for protection.

Anyway, back to the subject. The nearest Walmart I go to hasn't carried any new figures since Christmas. The only new thing they have is the BIS Rodimus/Cyclonus.

17. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    Transgender ftw!

18. lordcryotek

I would've hidden spoilered it as my intent wasn't too "fuck up someone's thread", but that option wasn't there except for the black text thing which would've been just as apparent. Mods can delete or move it if they think it's too tangent, but the subject matter of the OP wasn't really enough to facilitate much of a discussion save the title.

Further conversation, spoilered for anyone who doesn't want to read it:
    I don't think it was highly unnecessary. I responded to what he said in his title. Hearing that someone "loves Wal-Mart" just speaks of ignorance about its practices to me. Knowing about where you spend your money is important, and TF related as that is what the large portion of this board spends most of its luxury money. I don't shop there, even if that means missing out on new transformers releases or visiting my friends that work there still (sadly for them). I suggest the same thing to everyone I know, and will continue to do so until the day I die or Wal Mart reforms its business practices.

And yeah Doug, I have bi-polar disorder which I wasn't completely aware of until I worked there (I'd been diagnosed with depression before, but hadn't been aware of what the "ups" were when I'd had them).What I posted is not even 10% of the awful shit I experienced there and I know a lot of other people (who might still work there) who have worse stories than mine. The stress from working there amplified my condition, making me lose a lot of friends from my behavior during ups. I failed several classes simply because I was too depressed to go. I almost checked into a mental hospital immediately after quitting, as I was pretty close to committing suicide or going on another drug and alcohol bender that might have been my last. It was a couple of months back, and it did bring my disorder to the forefront allowing me to seek medical care, but the treatment I received while working there was still atrocious. I'm now HEAVILY medicated, so I'm stable, but my quality of life isn't as good as it could be.

If anyone is interested, I wrote a story about that time in my life. It contains some minor discussion of religion and other no-no subjects on this board, so PM me if you want to read it.

19. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I did this to get the Dinobots set around Christmas. I used the Destructicons, and got Dinopope for $15. :D 

~Matt Booker

20. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    the destrons are everywhere near me but i cant find dinobots or constucticons anywhere