Wal-Mart Midnight Releases?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by wikkiddavis, Apr 26, 2008.

1. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Mario Kart Wii comes out tomarrow and Sence Waly-World is open 24/7 will they have it at midnight or do I have to wait till Later in the Morning?

If anyone knows please tell me thanks alot.

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

They usually release stuff at 12:01 am but I've also seen them hold back stuff till 8am at my local wal marts. best bet is just to call, also most Eb's/Gamestop's are doing midnight releases and mine have always welcomed extras that didn't preorder if they have the stock.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Call your local WM. I don't think there has been an established Midnight Madness for this one... not at least that I could find. Sometimes they don't even put the stuff like this out till later in the day

If you have a Gamestop or a Sams, they are doing the Midnight thing.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Most new games are shipped "directs", which means they aren't even in the store until Tuesday, and depending on several factors, may not get the stuff until afternoon.

However, big releases (like Smash Bros, Halo, GTA4 and likely Mario Kart) they get a significant number several days in advance and have them ready to go at 12:01 on release day.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Gamestop's doing a midnight release. I'd imagine if stores like Walmart want the sales, they'll do one too. At least for GTA4

Mario Kart Wii comes out on a Sunday? That doesn't sound right. You might want to double check on that. Most new releases come out on Tuesday

6. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Like Smash brothers, mario kart is indeed set for a sunday release.

Nintendo seems to be doing their big game releases on weekends for some reason. Maybe so people don't skip work/school so they can get the newest game for themselves or their kids.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Learn something new every day. I don't have a Wii, so thats probably why I didn't know. Then again, the only game that exists for me right now is GTA4 :lol