Wal-Mart and Movie Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Evan Goldsborough, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

So, first time going into Wal-Mart since the movie toys were put out. Not nearly as nice or as organized as Target's selection, but still not bad.

Then, as I walk by the checkout lanes, I see a second "island" of toys. Including stuff that wasn't back with the normal toys.

Frankly, this is pretty genius of them. Say, for example, a certain kid's parent's don't want to go back to the toy section this time. However, in the checkout lane, there's the Transformers display, and the kid goes crazy over them, resulting in an impulse buy on the parent's part.

Is there similar stuff in other stores, or is mine unique?

Also, Target had this Rock 'em Sock 'em style Prime and Megatron set. Has that been reported yet?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    at the wal-marts I've been to, the islands were right outside the toy section, not near the registers... not nearly as convenient. Though the islands do seem to have a chance of having stuff not found in the other aisles

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Walmart near me is like Abrogate's.

Funny thing is, when I picked up Blackout he wasn't in the regular toy aisle. I pretty much had decided on Jazz (since all they had with the other toys were him, Swindle, and Bonecrusher [who I already had]). I was trying to locate my Mom so we could go...and then I noticed an island with..pretty much everything. So I dropped Jazz and snagged Blackout.

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

all 4 Wal Marts within driving distance of me are like the ones mentioned by Evan. But the big ass one in Hamilton Mill is a mix of both. No less than 3 islands.

5. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

mine restocked again

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I saw movie toys near the registers in a Target I visited last week. Wasn't much but had some deluxes and some of the LOC packs w/ Megs and Prime.

Whatever they have to do to sell it..