Wal-Mart and Classics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Evan Goldsborough, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

This was odd.

For a good two or three months, I'd seen a total of 4 Classics in my town. That's counting individual figures, not varieties. (That's also not counting 20th DVD Prime)

And then, in one week, my local Wal-Mart gets hit with BOTH waves at once, with every type aside from Devastator on the shelves. (20th DVD Prime was also marked down to $50, and I found an Alt Jazz (Which was snatched up before I could get it)) Grimlock and Jetfire, as well.

Of course, I'm happier now, but what the hell took so long?

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Who knows, mine was the same way!

3. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

What took so long at mine was all the cybertron that was clogging the shelves. Then Wal-mart decided to reduce the amount on the shelf to one peg. One day the display island shows up with all of wave one on it, the next day it's gone and it back to being on the shelf but two pegs now. None of the classics showed up at all until Cybertron was on clearance.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I know my WalMarts haven't gotten any Classics except 1 case of deluxes and 1 case of voyagers. Otherwise nothing. And they today, they had EVERYTHING.

It's funny, i always expect nothing on Christmas eve and have gone to WalMart every year for random reasons and always find stuff. 2 years ago, Alt Smokescreen when it was rare, urban Camo Ruination one year, forgot what I found last year, and this year tons of Classics, Star Wars figures, and Spidey Origins.

5. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I've seen exactly NO classics at Wal-Mart yet. Target and Fred Meyers have had all the ones Ive seen

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've yet to see any Classics at my local wals-mart. I got Mirage and Grimlock at the Lima store. It's only like a 50 min drive, one way. Not seen a Jetfire, yet.

7. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

After reading this thread I went over to my wal-mart...found Mirage and Jetfire but sadly no Grimlock...this was the first time any classics were there.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I found Classics Grimlock and Mirage along with some BB at the WM I frequent. I think the Classics been on hold in the stock room til they can get rid of Cybertron, and since most of them are probably bought by the Xmas shopper they felt they can bring everything out now. That's my theory anyway.

9. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

The only places I've found in central Ohio to carry Classics have been TRU and Target. Meijer doesn't have anything of use anymore, KayBee Toys won't have them in til next year, and Wal-Mart here, even though there's 4 of them, only carry Wave 1.

I was lucky to snag Grimlock when I did. Last one left at the TRU here.

10. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Classic Voyagers just showed up at my local WM... and we got a Ultimate Battle with the DVD too... same price as TRU. Just thought it was weird.

11. deadlite

deadlite Member

I work at a walmart dist center in the midwest and on wed the 23rd we sent out at least 100 cases of deluxe classics and 110 of voyager classics althoug I was unable to open them to see which ones they were.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    With the exception of 1 case of deluxes and 1 case of voyagers, my Wal-Mart had no Classics until about a week ago when they got in that ridiculous pallet full of 2 million of the wave 1 figures. So I guess it'll be a long, looong time before anything past wave 1 shows up here... sigh....