Waiting for a package sucks.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Well, what would you like to know about shipping to and from Canada?

I think I've seen 7-10 days reported here, usually when it's stuck in ISIC centers on the East or West Coast nearer to Black Friday and Christmas. Three days seems reasonable at this point in the year.

2. meisterman

meisterman that guy

Do you have a basic idea of how long packages should take to arrive in Canada? The everlasting brilliance that is USPS didn’t give my package the initial scan so I’m completely blind on it’s whereabouts and it’s been about 21 days so far.

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It should have been scanned several times between your post office and Canada. Where did you drop it off? It may be lost.

4. meisterman

meisterman that guy

I ordered it from Chosen Prime and was informed that it shipped on October 2nd. I don’t doubt that so being lost seems likely at this point.

5. Scowly Prowl

It depends on what shipping option you picked for USPS. USPS Priority International takes about a week to get to the ISIC centre. It can get hung up there for a week, and then it takes a couple more days to get through the Canadian customs side. Once it clears Canadian customs, it's usually less than five days to get it to you (unless you live in a very rural/distant region). That said, this week, if you live in a part of Canada that is affected by the rolling strikes, it's going to take longer.

The fact that you haven't had a scan in 21 days is probably a USPS problem. Once it crosses into Canada you should have it picked up in the system. I find that the Customs scan usually picks it up in Canada.

6. Gutay

Gutay Fish are really jumping today huh Daniel?

My tracking says that my package should be here today... it better come soon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Purple

News Credits:
    My Siege Megatron arrived at his destination today, but I won’t be able to pick him up till Friday. :cry 

Similarly, the guy who I bought the Airstrike Patrol from waited a day to ship it. So even though it has three day shipping, and is a first class package, I’m not sure if it will get here by Friday. Thats the only day I’ll be able to pick it, and Megatron up until next week.

First world problems I know, but I’ve been super stoked for Siege!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    First time using BBTS. Shipped a package economy on October 23. So far, it's been 12 days. But I'm not sure how rates are to Canada.

9. Scowly Prowl

Where does the tracking say the package is located? If you ship it economy, then it's a few days to the US distribution facility, and then 3-4 more before it crosses somewhere into Canada. Canada Customs is usually quick, no more than a day at this time of year.

And then you hit Canada Post. If there are a number of strike locations between you and the Customs station, it's an extra day at least at every station that it transits through. Your wait still seems reasonable, unfortunately.

10. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    Bought wave three of the studio series deluxes, last Friday and my package is currently sitting in a FedEx facility, in olive branch ms for two days it won't be here till the 15th. like wtf fedex I can go get it my damn self it's only a hour drive from here,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    IT's been 3 weeks already. If it's not here after next week, then I'll start panicking.

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Purple

News Credits:
    My Airstrike Patrol just updated after 23 hours. It was apperently processed through a facility about a three hour drive away 2 hours ago, but something makes me doubt whether or not it will make it’s way to the local facility in time for delivery this morning. I would love to be wrong, though I have my doubts,

13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom TrypticonCarne on Seibertron

Feb preorder I am ready to love the mean green giant again
    Unite warrirs devastator

14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Just curious. Can FedEx packages be transferred to the regular local postal service? Because I wasn't sure if I was suppose to keep my eyes open for a FedEx truck or a regular post truck. That is what BBTS told me.

15. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

Waiting for a package does indeed suck, especially when Canada Post is at the helm :c

So lately I've been buying the KO PE hands and feet for my combiners, and so far I've mostly been buying them from an excellent seller in China. I've done business with her a few times so far and it's always been great. Unfortunately, my country's courier system isn't being so nice at the moment.

For those not in the know, there's a big kerfuffle surrounding Canada Post, and they're doing rotational strikes - meaning that certain areas of the country will not deliver mail for a week, then they're resume and another place will strike for a week.(At least if I understand things properly).

So... My combiner upgrade goodies left Mississauga on the 5th of November, heading to their destination on my side of the country, after a week of striking held up their processing... Process. The next day I see they've been immediately caught up again somewhere in a striking area, as noted by the painfully vague message describing its location as in "Canada".

Nothing to do but to wait it out again, right? However, today, on the 14th of November, I'm still just seeing the exact same message updated for 8 days now. A minute after midnight, the update I get(once again) for where it is/was/might've been yesterday is just "12:01 AM, Location: Canada", and the text blurb about work disruptions, yada yada yada.

I don't think I'm ever going to get these things... :c

16. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I bought something from Canada last week and it was tagged "accepted" but hasn't moved since. Ugh.

17. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Taobao order reached the USA 2 days ago. I'm still waiting for it to clear customs.