Waiting for a package sucks.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. That super long tracking number beginning with ES on your Ebay order is a SpeedPAK tracking number. You can see the shipping method on your Ebay orders page for that item. You can track track that number with Economy SpeedPAK tracking from China
    or ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING | 17TRACK . Bear in mind that SpeedPAK tracking STOPS ONCE YOUR PACKAGE REACHES US SOIL and is handed over to USPS for the rest of the journey. This is what most customers are upset about. (see eBay Disappoints Buyers with China SpeedPAK) They have no way of monitoring their shipment from that point.
    You just can register for alert updates sent to your email or phone via text like you can with USPS tracking number. As mentioned before, one the package reaches US soil the SpeedPAK tracking number stops updating for the rest of the journey since it gets handed off to USPS. USPS will generate its own tracking number but you won't know what it is until you see it printed on the shipping box upon delivery which by then it is useless. USPS.com's Informed Delivery option will show you the USPS tracking number but you have no way of knowing what SpeedPAK tracking number it is connected to. If you've ordered only 1 Ebay item from China within a certain period you can easily deduce that the USPS tracking number that Informed Delivery page shows is your SpeedPAK package. However if you've ordered multiple packages from China via Ebay you have no way of knowing which newly generated USPS tracking number is connected to which SpeedPAK tracking number

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Thank you, that was extremely helpful!

I do have Informed Delivery, but as you mentioned, I don’t know which package is linked to each number. In this case it doesn’t matter, as they’re both going to arrive at the same time. Still, I’m glad I now understand what’s going on. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    No problem. I hope Ebay goes back to the previous shipping options for shipments from China. It's pretty bad that we don't have reliable tracking with the current setup. Besides SpeedPAK shipping does not seem to move any faster than the previous option.

4. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

So I’m waiting on a TFSource package which last I checked should arrive tomorrow with all manner of goodies including the PE upgrades for Volcanicus. Was in Jersey yesterday so fingers crossed. I have two I’m waiting on from eBay. The first from El Paso just arrived in NY so hopefully also tomorrow. The second is coming from Japan and I sadly have no tracking info. Estimate says end of the month so I’ll just have to wait.

5. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

So I’m waiting on a TFSource package which last I checked should arrive tomorrow with all manner of goodies including the PE upgrades for Volcanicus. Fingers crossed. I have two I’m waiting on from eBay. The first from El Paso just arrived in NY so hopefully also tomorrow. The second is coming from Japan and I sadly have no tracking info. Estimate says end of the month so I’ll just have to wait. Ah, and Punch/CP should ship out end of the week.

6. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Waiting on a couple packages to arrive today, hoping there's a chance they'll get here before I leave for work, but unlikely. :( 

7. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I can think of one, somewhat clunky, way of deducing which USPS number matches up with the SP number. However, it requires you to be able to distinguish roughly when the package hits the USPS system. If you can't distinguish them (because the shipping times aren't linear, that is, that don't all take the same time to get from China to the US), then it doesn't work. But you've probably already tried this.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I don't see any way of sorting it out with multiple orders at or around the same time.

9. Scowly Prowl

We agree. You might as well guess. But put it another way, if you eventually get all of the packages, does it matter whether you can determine the USPS number that goes with it?

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I heard Canada Post is deciding on a strike. Gonna be hard to get anything.

11. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

still waiting for my Wal-Mart g1 hot rod.. ordered last week, been shipped but moving slowly.. set to be in the neighborhood on thursday.. doesn't suck all that much was fortunate enough to get one, but this will have been the longest I've ever waited for a 2day pickup. makes it more exciting i guess, or is it anxiety. I say a bit of both....

12. NaCl

NaCl High school graduate

Guess who just ordered something only for it to get lost in transit? Oh well, at least I got a refund.

13. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Minicon junkie

I'm waiting on:
    Grand galvatron (one of my grails)
    4/6th of a normal reissue sixtrain
    2/6th of a red sixtrain.
    2 diaclone waruder suits.

14. Scowly Prowl

I think the postal workers union voted to strike if negotiations failed. They do this every few years. The last time they went on strike, the federal government passed back-to-work legislation. That said, I think there have been around 20 work stoppages in the fifty or so years.

15. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FedEx sucks as much as USPS: my package was at a location 10 miles south of my house, now it's 60 miles north of my house, delivery estimated in 2 days. BS.

Here's my suggestion: should have been put on a local delivery truck, DUH.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    What is everyone's thoughts on the new SpeedPAK shipping service that Ebay is suggesting that Ebay sellers in China use?

17. Scowly Prowl

No experience, mostly because I don't use/need eBay for my collection.

18. meisterman

meisterman that guy

Currently waiting on MPM-7 from TCP. Their customer service is great, but hot damn USPS not initially scanning it is killer cause I have no idea where it is and I’m only one country over

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Hey guys. I have 3 items ordered from the 9/27/18 flash sale. They were all shipped via SpeedPAK.
    They appear to have reached US soil but then no updates since 10/3 or 10/4. It has been a week since then and no delivery. Status update still hows "On Its Way to USPS/Picked Up By Shipping Partner INWOOD, NY 11096.

Has anyone else experienced this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. streetcar76

streetcar76 Hound

Hey everyone If you're looking for 1-3 day priority mail in the US check out my store on eBay or my Facebook page. I'm located in NY and ship directly from NY. I seel all Master Piece and 3 party figures as well. Any questions please feel free to hit me up
    I'm going to post in the for sale feeds as well.
    Company name is Eastcoastoys