Waiting for a package sucks.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I finally received my Grinder X and dino head today but it almost didn't happen thanks to drama on the part of USPS. Today I was anticipating delivery and was home all day ready to sign for the package but it never came. Regular mail was delivered but not my EMS package. I get automatic tracking updates and noticed that it suddenly said attempted delivery/notice left which was a lie because I was home and no postal driver rang my doorbell or came to my porch. No notice was left along with the other mail. I called my local post office and gave them an earful as this wasn't the first time that this has happened. It always happens when my normal dependable USPS delivery driver is off or on vacation & I end up with a lazy driver that doesn't wan't to be bothered to step out of the truck to get a signature. I demanded that the post office send the driver or any driver back to my address and deliver my package immediatly which they did. When he pulled up to my address I asked the new driver what happened to the regular dependable USPS driver who services my neighborhood. He told me that my driver along with several other USPS postal workers/drivers were busted last week in an FBI drug sting. Apparently someone working for the Feds approached several local mail carriers here in my city and offered them money in exchange for helping them move drugs addressed to vacant properties. The Feds moved in last week and started making arrests. I was shocked when I heard the news especially knowing how nice and dependable that driver was.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker TFW2005 Supporter

Holy carp! What a story of suckiness waiting for your Grinder-X. I wonder how often the Feds/USPS/FBI work together on these kinds of busts. In Canada, we (Canada Post / Canadian Border Security Services) seem to be more strict on shipping illicit stuff so it's not often that we hear this kinda events happening in a local, neighborhood level.

Anyway, happy that you got your Grinder-X. I love mine like crazy, no QC issues at all.

BTW, waiting for my Sever-X from TCP.

And I'm not feeling sucky at all on waiting for my arrival. TCP shipped Friday afternoon, checking up on USPS, it will arrive from AZ to WA by Monday afternoon. Man, I'm so happy with TCP service, absolutely faster than BBTS, TFS and CP by many country miles. Now that I've relied on all three shops, I think TCP is pretty much at the top of the list in fast fulfillment times. Cheers!

3. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Spark toys Spartacus is in shipping limbo. Can't wait to see an update in the shipping

4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Spark toys Spartacus is in shipping limbo. Can't wait to see an update in the shipping

5. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 you're alright, Horseman

News Credits:
    Dear USPS customs,

I know you have to do your job, and I respect the duties you perform on a daily. But with all due respect, there is no danger MPM-3 poses to the world, outside of how dangerously addictive it'll be once it's in my hands. Please do relinquish it to me by the end of this week, it's been trapped there two days and you'd make a lil boi happy

Sincerely,

lil boi

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Hopefully Irma didn't impact my Klaatu shipment.

7. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    USPS is not customs, they're two different things.

8. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    IMG_1389.PNG
    Til, gracias. I inferred too much from too little

9. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

Has anyone had UPS claim they delivered a package when they didn't? I just want to know how long it takes and what the outcome has been because I've pretty fucking pissed right now.

10. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    Yes, expect it tomorrow or so. I would begin to take necessary actions of contacting your local post office if it does not show up by end of tomorrow

I infer it's like a quota they have to meet, so they scan some packages but never deliver them as precisely timed. Bugs the hell out of me

11. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

It's UPS though, not USPS. We already contacted TFSource, so hopefully either them or UPS can do something about it.

12. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    oh damn, very uncool. Wish this issue was limited only to USPS. Good luck

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    My Klaatu should arrive this weekend.

14. borgified

borgified Resistance is Futile!

Somewhat related to this topic..

Does anyone know how long does it take to get a replacement part for either missing/broken part from a purchase that you have brought from a store? I have emailed them about of my issue; the reply was that they have contacted the seller and to see it they can get a replacement part (note that the product is still available on the market).

Am I correct to say that might take up to 3 - 4 weeks for a proper response back?

15. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Member

Indeed it does. Waiting on badcube Huff.

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    This may be the right thread for this.

17. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm getting antsy about the whereabouts of my Cesium. I ordered it thru Taobao on 9/7 via JCEX/USPS. DHL eCommerce and JCEX tracking site still don't show it as having been scanned into my city yet. From my experience this shipping method takes 2 weeks for me to receive the item. This Thursday will mark 2 weeks and still nothing beyond the shipping label being created. The tracking number still isn't active on USPS.com yet. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised within the next 2 or 3 days.

18. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    I ordered Ace Tumbler on Aug. 25th. Shipped on the 31st. Still origin processing...

I ordered Mech Planet Ironhide a week ago and he's already traveling by FedEx.

19. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

How long does BBTS usually wait to even ship things?

20. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Can you get the items delivered to your place of employment, house of worship, a school office, or a relative or friend's house? I've used all of these at one time or another, but now I typically ship items to my workplace because there's always somebody there to sign for them.

My experience is that HLJ is pretty strict on their 60 day rule, so contacting them to ask for an exception probably won't get you anywhere.

• Like Like x 1