Wait, would this actually happen?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ArtistOfWar59, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Ok, so you know people who grew up with G1, complain now that shows and movies aren't like G1? (I refer to them as G-Whinners :D  ). Well what if in the future, if Transformers is still going, which it probably will be, do you think kids that are growing up with the Micheal Bay movies, will complain in the future that shows and movies aren't like the Bay movies, and claim that fututre TF shows are "Raping their childhood" for not being like the Bayverse? What do you think?

2. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I think anybody would company if something they grew up with isn't like it was when they were young. it's a matter of nostalgia and personal attachment to something that gave you enjoyment

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is certainly possible. Beast Wars is widely regarded as a great series, but look at how it was first received.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Anyway, I dunno. Considering Transformers Prime's similarity with Movieverse, I have a feeling that all future shows will feature either a Ratchet, Mute BB or a nosecab (or whatever they're called) truck for Optimus Prime.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    On the one hand, there isnt a huge crowd of people complaining that stuff isnt enough like beast wars, but on the other hand, theres a huge crowd of people that finds some reason to complain about literally everything that comes out.

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Yes, there will always be complainers. That's just human nature.

7. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Guessing by what little knowledge I have on fanbases.....yeah, I definitely think so.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Every generation does it in some way or another.

So when the movie generation is old enough, they are going to be wanting Prime with flames, Bumblebee with R2D2's voice box, and a big and powerful black Ironhide. To them that is what Transformers are supposed to be like. I'm sure some of them are going to complain when Hasbro is no longer looking at them. I'm pretty sure the retro love at that time will be the UT series.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    So, out of what age group today can we consider the movie generation?

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    QFT. It will never end.

11. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you mean IT NEVER ENDS

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Any young fan that started out with any of the three movies.

13. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I think that everyone will take things the way they were "molded" to think they are, however You must remember that G1 is the origin of transformers as we know them(even though DIACLONE line is their daddy) and there will be always a respect for that, it is like someone old complaining now that cars are not like they used to be in the 60's and in the future someone complains about the cars not being like now, but in the end they will all know that cars would not be there if not by the MODEL T(even though it was not the first car invented it changed the way thing were and now we have lambos, bugattis ferraris and....ahem smart cars :eek: ).

14. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, so like someone that is like 4-10 years old today, right?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes.

People will always prefer the series they started off with if anything.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    These days there are multiple versions of Transformers around and even if someone got introduced to TF via BayFormers they're sure to come across other styles and characters, even if it's TF: Prime or Generations figures or the G1 Ongoing comic from IDW. Unlike G1 back in the early days people can't really be exposed to a single version of Transformers in isolation.
    That's not to say though there won't be people that greatly prefer BayFormers over everything else because it was their gateway version, but it will still be forever alongside other versions and I'd be very surprised that anyone interested enough in BayFormers wouldn't encounter other versions of TF, even if it's just by accident and accept that's just the way things are with Transformers.
    Basically I'm saying 'their' Transformers will always be diluted by other versions.
    Will they consider their 'childhood has been raped' when things move away from BayFormers? I would say they perhaps already feel some guy has opened his dirty trenchcoat in the play park a little at them just by dint of there being so many other versions of Transformers around alongside it while it was mainline.

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a G1 Fan and like just about everything the TF Universe has thrown at me since the 80's including the Movie Trilogy. I'm just not overly wild about most trans-organic Beasts to include Animorphs. However, I even have a couple of the latter in my collection just to have a more informed opinion. I even have a Voltron, a few of the original Gobots and two RoboForce one beng Maxx. (I get joy over toy lines the Transformers put out of existence, a gulity pleasure). Life is too short to hate aything especially Transformers and TF Fans that may and do think otherwise.

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

and what do we call people who whine about geewhiners? geewhinerwhiners.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Even more :lolol 

Although, what about complaining about geewhiners that love to :spam  (sorry, just really wanted to use that one) the movie forum?

20. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Yeah, but TnM was a case of people not being able to understand that Transformers might be able to turn into organic things with the right tech and need. Arguments over the movies run deeper and are much more valid.

It's not that fair of a comparison, anyway. Beast Wars had vastly superior writing, with more memorable characters, and that's what helped a lot of people over the TnM hurdle.

I think after the movies' widespread attention and hype fades, and the cgi begins to look silly 15 years or so from now, the movies will be like the G1 cartoon: Widely acknowledged as being silly, dumb, and poorly written, but with a large nostalgic following.