Wait, this can't be a G1 prequel

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

For a number of reasons. BEWARE THERE ARE SPOILERS IN HERE
    ---

1) Jetfire is now allied with the Autobots and already sees Starscream as a traitor. I know this is tons of time before G1 starts, but he couldn't just forget about all of this that they went through.

2) Air Raid is dead. And so is Trypticon. I think I remember them both being somewhere in the G1 series. How would they just be brought back to life randomly. It wouldn't make sense.

3) Why would the Autobots be trying to revive Cybertron in G1 if they knew it was futile at the end of WFC? And why would the Decepticons bother sticking around there that long? They got what they wanted through poisoning the core.

4) Arcee is there from the beginning. Why would she just show up a long time later when she could have easily gone with the Autobots when the Ark was ready?

There may be some holes in these questions since I didn't see the entire G1 series and didn't play the entire WFC game. If I'm wrong please correct me calmly and please no hostility.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Air Raid and Trypticon aren't dead. Air Raid's fine and Trypticon is trapped in the Energon goo.

Also, this is not tied to any specific continuity. It is it's own continuity. Like IDW's "G1" continuity.

3. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "3) Why would the Autobots be trying to revive Cybertron in G1 if they knew it was futile at the end of WFC? And why would the Decepticons bother sticking around there that long? They got what they wanted through poisoning the core."

I think Primus tells them that he would have to shut down for a million years or something and seeing as when they crashed on Earth and then went into stasis lock for a million or what ever years they could come back and revive Primus. Im no G1 buff so my answer maybe way off to heh heh heh

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yep, Primus tells Optimus that he can repair his core, but it would take millions of years.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    He's fine...right up until Trypticon smacks his bitch up, he flies into a wall and explodes. I know they TFs are tough, but exploding is still fatal to them, right?

6. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With all the plot holes in the G1 series itself makes all those holes fit right.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Who said that WFC was tied to G1 in the first place?

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, then Silverbolt and Jetfire are shot down and you see them hit the ground and explode complete with little parts flying out.

However, all three of the fliers then turn up in the ending cutscene like nothing ever happened. :lol 

9. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    How does that old saying go? About horses and gifts and looking them in the mouth? Dang. Can't remember how it goes.

:dj 

10. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Give this man a cookie, cause he is right.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Loads of people.

Despite it clearly being stand-alone like so many series before it.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *eagerly raises hand, waiting to answer* Matt Tieger did. Ever since the game was announced and pretty much every video given up until release, Matt and his crew kept referring to their fondness to the original show, which they repeatedly called G1. In one of his interviews, I think its one of the G4TV interviews, Matt says the ending of war for Cybertron—after he spoils the game’s ending by telling us exactly what happens—synchs up to the original cartoon.

I’d argue it still synchs up with the cartoon, as the core story isn’t different. Sure some liberties were taken, but the core story of this game doesn’t contradict the core story of the original…which actually contradicts itself more often than not:lolol 

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i think i ehard that Hasbro sayed that WFC is Part of the transformers prime conintuy (or im wrong?)

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not the G1 Cartoon continuity. It's its own standalone thing until linked otherwise.

How long are people going to make this misconception?

15. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It is a G1 continuation but its own G1 continuation and it has stuff for everyone to like...
    They mixed tons of stuff in this BUT STILL no matter what anyone says..... Its G1.... Deal with it.
    I don't know why people keep on saying its not.... The creator said it them selves before the game came out...
    But thats just my opinion.... And now here comes the annoying people to try to say its not!
    =-D

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about that, but I do recall seeing a quote from Peter Cullen saying that he doesn't think these two are related at all. Knowing that he voiced Optimus Prime in WFC and will do the same in Transformers: Prime, I think he’s in the position to say yay or nay.

17. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'm pretty sure I thought I might have maybe heard something somewhere where some guy said something sort of about it maybe being kind of generic enough to possibly fit in with any continuity perhaps.

18. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Actually, I think Transformers Prime takes place in the movie continuity and WFC cannot be movie continuity for sure.

Tons of people have said WFC is a G1 prequel but I have been confused about that a lot. If they make a sequel to it then we shall find out I suppose.

19. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

Why is this such a topic of debate. G1 cartoon - Who's built the Constructicons?

Believe the hype train about this being the "first time we see the war" before the cartoon. There was that Shortpacked comic about how pre-G1 cartoon stories have been told for ages...even in the G1 cartoon.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't think anyone's rallying that it's not G1. it's very much like War Within or Infiltration. Both wildly different than other G1 continuities in settings and characters, but still that flavour of TFs that makes it G1. Maybe moreso because of the more radically different elements and design style.

What people are saying is that it's not a prequel to any existing fiction, like, say, the 80's cartoon, which doesn't feature Dark energon, the core and whatnot.

Like Tiller said, it's stand alone.

No it doesn't.

We have nothing, no plot outlines, interviews, official statements or leaks that point anywhere to Prime being part of the movies aside from a still image of Bumblebee who has a movie-ish design. Which means nothing when you consider how many different continuities one character can be in and look so similar to any other one.