Wait, so the movie just...ended

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Spoilers below. I'm not sure if that's really necessary to say anymore though.

Now that I had time to reflect on the movie a little I realize that the ending was really disappointing for me.

After the big fight with Sentinel and Megatron all the Autobots kinda stood around patting each other on the back (except for Optimus cuz his arm was lopped off :lol ) But in all seriousness, the ending wasn't enough. What now? Are the Autobots still exiled? Will Optimus finally stop worrying about the Decepticons? What's Sam going to do with himself now?

All of these things really could have been answered better in my opinion and there could have been a little ore of an after scene (I saw Simmons & Mearing but was there anything else? We had a bus to catch so we didn't stick around

2. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

With all the Decepticons dead it is safe to say the war is over. Sam will try and go back to normal life. Simmons back to his book tours. The Autobots will most likely stay. After what happened, I don't see how they would be forced to leave. OPtimus's last line pretty much said they will protect Earth at all cost. I can't see them being kicked out after that.

3. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

No, there was nothing else. That was the last scene.

4. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Just a shining example of poor story telling. I'm guessing that the Autobots would have to go hunt down the other 200 Decepticons who are just chilling out around the planet after having scattered to send the 'pillars' into space. Now that their hierarcy has been totally clusterfucked there will probably be chaotic fighting with no real purpose for a few years until a new Decepticon leader rises in their ranks and starts another hairbrained scheme involving lost Cybertronian technology long thought lost but actually just chilling on Earth for the past untold years. Shrugs.

The credits scene was a total waste. Could have at least shown Wheelie and Brains crawling out of the crashed ship, since it clearly didn't explode when it slammed into the ground. That at least would have been entertaining.

5. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I've been wondering about the remaining Decepticons scattered around the planet as well.

Perhaps they're leaving their fate open for the possible TF4.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    MOMMY IT"S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously Brains and Wheelie scene would have made up the abrupt crappy ending.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It would have been nice to see an epilogue. Especially since I get the feeling Optimus wants to give up fighting the way he threw the rifle down in disgust after ending Sentinel.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:

I waited around for that Brains and Wheelie scene, and what do I get? John Turturro. Are Brains and Wheelie okay!? *cries*

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's all i wanted from the movie to be honest. I seriously love these guys.

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Prime travels to Africa and steps on all the baby hatchlings.

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I imagined this and laughed LOL

12. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    Sam becomes a lea-a-szon (I have no idea how to sound it out but there it is pronounced : P) for the autobots and Mearing. Simmons comes back to the whole Alien thing. Sam also has his job at Bruce's company. He and Carly get married. The wars over. Happy ending.

And about the deceptcions who scatered the pillars, the other pillars and decepticon ships (which also had the decepticons from chicago in them) got sucked into the space bridge before imploding with cybertron so just so I can sleep at night i've come up that they got sucked in with the pillars.

13. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    Oh and im sure all the other hatchlings died. Or NEST searched the globe for energon readins, found those and killeld them. OR. Raised them and made them to replace skids, mudflap, brains, wheelie, Arcee, Elita-one, Chromia, Jazz, Ironhide, and Que. :D 

14. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you really want it to go on for another twenty minutes?

15. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

"Rarf master?"

16. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I just would have been happy with a real speech by a Prime like at the end of the other movies. Something more coherent than "we will never leave". Maybe something about sacrifice and how bravely all the bots and soldiers fought to end the Decepticon tyranny. The ending as it was was much too abrupt.

17. CorePrime

CorePrime Active Member

I believe it was left entirely ambiguous in order for Hasbro to potentially continue the events of the movie continuity without necessarily banking on TF4. In other words, if there are more stories to tell after TF3, it will be done so via comics, games, and even toy bios.

For the general movie going audiences, the ending is just about as definitive as Return of the Jedi. Vader and the Emperor are dead, but what of the thousands of remaining empire soldiers and followers? RoJ was the definitive end for the franchise for the "mainstream" moviegoers, and this is the same mentality I think they're going for with DOTM.

18. darkeclipse

darkeclipse Active Member

They might not be a Transformers 4 film

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, that is my only complaint with the movie is no epilogue or end speech like the last two. Would've made for a great book-ending for the series.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

BS; he cuts off their faces :lol