Waist articulation in MP Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMOG, Jan 25, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but I just happened to discover tonight that MP Starscream has waist articulation... as in a rotator joint between his torso and hips.

I was over at a friend's house. He also has the Walmart Starscream, and I noticed that his Starscream has rotation in the waist!

Mine was completely rigid there. It never even occurred to me to check. But there it was... the same joint in mine, except... stuck. It looks like there might have even been some factory glue involved. With the use of some pliers I actually got my SS's waist to turn, and the joint started to loosen up from there.

So is this normal? Is it made this way on purpose, or is it just a fluke? Are most of them glued tight? I don't know if I've heard anything about this before now.

zmog

2. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    From robot mode if you look on the parts that form the lower abs either side of the cockpit (white part) you will see tabs that hang down into slots in his pelvic region. These tabs stop him from turning, if his abs where not in place correctly you will find he moves at the waist

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, those tabs do get in the way. I have no idea why they're there in the first place.

But although his front skirts and those tabs kind of resist a bit, you can still turn his waist a bit without throwing everything off.

What I was more curious about was the fact that my MP SS appeared to be glued at that joint. He wouldn't turn until I broke the surface of the glue. I mean, is he supposed to turn at the waist, or is it just a side-effect of how they attached his metal frame to his hips?

zmog