2D Artwork: Wacom Bamboo Test Sketch (The Angry Bot)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Night Flame, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Finally got tired of not being able to use my airbrush during the winter and picked up a wacom bamboo pen & touch so I could do something vaguely resembling using an airbrush. Sure, it's not as messy, and it's definitely different enough to feel weird working with it, but I think I'm catching on.

Anyway, here's my first sketch worth sharing.

[​IMG]

All "painted" in Corel Painter Essentials 4. GIMP used to add the frame and crop the original after the painting was done.

Definitely getting the hang of it. I'm gonna work my way up to doing a "real" Transformer sometime soon.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Tablets are awesome, aren't they? I got an Intuos 3 a couple of years back, and I love it. Never really got on with Painter Essentials, though - I found it quite limiting, and quickly found myself going back to GIMP almost full-time. :D 

Cool pic, anyway. Makes me think of a sort of cartoony robo-Batman. :) 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like the effect you produced for the head. I think that your testing went well. Keep practicing; time and work refine skill :) 

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I fought with trying to get GIMP to recognize the pressure sensitivity. Finally got it this morning. I'm kind of glad it didn't work right away because I've discovered some neat features in Painter. I really like the color mixer for example.

OK, that makes it seem more awesome than it is.

Thanks. I'm still several more pieces away from even getting to the limited skill set I have with real pencils and the airbrush, but it's a lot of fun. And easier to fit in fifteen minutes here or there when you don't have to spend twenty minutes cleaning the brush after every session.