Heavy/Scratch: w.i.p war for cybertron not metro but battleplex

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kdog, Nov 27, 2010.

1. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

this custom was inspired when i seen a fellow radicon whos metroplex was gray. i liked the color and it gave me a war within feel. i really would like if hasbro gave us a toy line of that time based figures and animated series with the war violence of the transformers like we never seen it rated 17&up to watch. i thank it would be cool to see what kind of damage megatron could truly caused uncensored.:ev:  i renamed him battleplex cause i loaded him down with guns. unable to transform as he made a sacrifice to stay in bot mode to be a better use to the battle. at the least thats my story as i wanted a sturdy over all bot might do another one that transform later. hope you guys like:D 

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    DUDE!!! never thought of using those parts for a Metroplex!!!

MIght need to rework on my Metroplex soon :D  thnx

3. G60Force

Ebay:
    man I so like the brutal look he has!!!! I keep comin' back...
    to bad I really need those parts for other projects but damn.... it's smokin!!!

updates???

4. G60Force

Ebay:
    BTW maybe make a shattered glass paintsheme??

(is a light white or grey wash possible over flatblack? examples anyone?)

5. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

thanks man im trying to finish him up.:thumb 

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I have to say I really like this... the look of the the Unicron/Primus parts make this one of the best looking Metroplex mods I've seen in terms of overall proportion.

Considering how much these parts are used for combiner projects, I'm amazed that I haven't seen this done more often, especially since it feels less like "cheating" than it does on combiners. :) 

zmog

7. G60Force

Ebay:
    thxn exactly what I thought :D 

O man... I so torn... to maybe sacrifice or get another Uni/Primus to do a Ver.2 Metroplexian :p 

8. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    this does look great, although there is so much detailing on the primus/unicron parts, that it clashes a bit with the more simple G1 parts, also i feel the arms are a smidge too long. i know you are using the extra articulation from the old "shoulder" joint as the bicep joint now, but i think if you cut right above the elbow joint where the detailing already has a line built in, it will make the arms sit little better. They would hang at the mid thigh, as opposed to the knee. i attached a picture to show what i mean, cut at the red lines. thanks for listening to my critique, overall it does look great though, im just nit picking.

Attached Files:

9. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

thats a great ideal:thumbs2:  like you said i like the extra articulation its the only way i could move the arms to the side. thanks for the info will look into in the future.:D