W.I.P - TFP ShockWave

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ZeltraxMilleniu, Sep 1, 2012.

1. ZeltraxMilleniu

ZeltraxMilleniu Active Member

Well, I just watched Transformers Prime "Out of The Past" and I LOVED IT.

I especially loved ShockWave's design in the show. And... HIS VOICE.

Trust me, watch the episode for yourself and you'll notice ShockWave's voice almost immediately.

ANYWHO, I just got an idea from watching the episode: How about making a TFP ShockWave based on the design from the show?

I read that the FoC Shockwave was gonna get released in the Japanese Transformers Prime line/Which is cool but LAME.

Since TFP ShockWave doesn't have an Alt. Mode, he'll be a straight action figure.

I do have some ideas for the parts/And heck, any of you guys can do this idea, though I kinda thought of it first.

Well, the TFP ShockWave toy would probably need to be at a Deluxe level, though with some of the parts, you can make him bigger.

I think that TFP Knock-Out's upper legs can be used for Shockwave's legs while another figure can be used for the feet/Since Shockwave's feet were big and clunky. His shoulders reminded me of TFP Ratchet's shoulders along with Shockwave's forearms reminding me of Megatron's forearms/Though you'd have to use the Deluxe version for that.

The chest would have to be from FoC Shockwave and modded a bit to match the design. He'd also need a new head-sculpt. Plus his cannon arm is just BEEFY/That would have to be a custom mod. I got no ideas for the Cannon's hose.

Well, that's all the ideas I got for this custom I'd like to try out, and who knows? I might have inspired one of you guys to try this yourselves.

I'll attach some pics to help you out/They're not the best but I tried to get some of the GOOD angles.

Hopefully, this custom can be pulled off.

Attached Files:

2. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Just curious...whats so special about his voice. Personally I think its a departure from the original in an unflattering way. Hes supposed to be cold and calculating. Hes extremely intelligent. Whenever he talks in the Prime series all I hear is G1 brawl.

3. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

4. ZeltraxMilleniu

Yeah, I was amazed to hear that David Sobolov got the role of Shockwave.

Honestly? David Sobolov pulls off Shockwave VERY WELL.

When I first heard him speak in the episode, literal shivers went down my spine.

Other than that, what do you guys think of the ideas I put forth for a TFP Shockwave figure?

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The arms and thighs are based on the Megatron design, although Cyberverse pulled it off better than the voyager.
    Honestly, I think a figure could use a good frame, but the rest should be scratch built rather than harvested to keep show accuracy. I really dislike harvesting and 'forcing' the pieces to look the part.

I did a Cyberverse one awhile back that kind of resembles how he does in the show, so maybe this will help:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/573503-cyberverse-shockwave-color.html

6. ZeltraxMilleniu

OK. That custom Cyberverse toy works... A LOT. Yeah, with this kind of project, I'd probably have to get a body frame and then scratch-build the parts.

The best idea I got for the body frame would be that "Model Kit" of Optimus Prime and BumbleBee from DOTM, because those frames are already put together and you'd just have to apply the parts/Which for this project ain't happening.

I'll also have to look into getting some thin PlastiCard which can help with the making of the armor and such/Along with some thick PlastiCard because some of Shockwave's armor looks thicker and I'd have to apply multiple thin layers to get the same effect/Which I'm not gonna do.

7. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

Breakdown's legs, ratchet's shoulders, FE Bumblebee forearms. I don't know what to use for the torso.

:2c: 

8. ZeltraxMilleniu

Interesting, and I see the thread got moved to Creative Discussion.

I'm sorry about the mishap, TFW2005.

9. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

This thread pleases all logic

10. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

it is very logical some one makes a big prime shockwave toy (cyberverse does not count for me. and those voyagers were based on his dotm look not his prime look (which looks like dotm shockwave a bit)

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Just like the CV custom, you can just use the Voyager Megs as the base.

12. ZeltraxMilleniu

Yeah, that may work. Heck, I still got some Megatrons in my area.

Perhaps I can snag another one and use that as the body for this custom.

13. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Some bigger pics might help ya.

Attached Files:

14. ZeltraxMilleniu

OH, thanks for the pics. At the time, I only had a semi-low quality one to use for the pics.

These will help GREATLY whenever I get to work on the thing.

15. SG hailstorm

Btw just an observation, am i the only one that noticed a tire or huge wheel of some sort in shockwaves ankle?

16. SG hailstorm

Btw you're really inspiring me to make my own prime shockwave, but i'm torn on if i wanna keep my TFP megs how he is or make him shockey and get another megatron down the road when college isnt sappin mah wallet

17. ZeltraxMilleniu

Thank you. That was kinda the point of this thread - To get people brainstorming about a TFP Shockwave figure.

Also, the voice of BW Depth Charge as TFP Shockwave? I think that's perfect casting in my opinion.

18. SG hailstorm

Agreed, sobolov pulled it off PERFECT! if you want help with shockwave i started work on mine today as far as disassembly and outlining/planning I need alittle help Xp

19. ZeltraxMilleniu

Cools. Send me some pics when you get the chance.