Minor/Repaint: W.I.P RotF/ Classics Hoist

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fabexmax, Dec 11, 2010.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I saw something similar posted over in creative discussion, and I have been looking to get my custom skills underway. So what better way than to do some slight modding on what was almost already a pretty bad ass figure. Long story short, I twisted the waist around as was discussed here: ]

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creat...817-custom-rotf-hoist-alt-transformation.html

Then took things a step further. I don't own a dremel, but I do own a Craftsman electric screw driver with interchangeable bits, and a pair of steady hands. So using the smallest drill bit in the set, I carved away the blue transparent plastic on the door that surrounds the pin in the door open position. Then when the doors were closed, I basically wiggled the doors off the pin, and viola! It works out perfect that the angle created from carving the plastic away keeps the new opening curved so when the doors snap back on its a tight fit. Also as an added bonus the doors now can clip onto the forearms for added armor! Now I just need to figure how the hell I'm gonna make the crane part become the wings on the back. And will probably use the grey gun that came with classics Ironhide or Ratchet (can't remember who came with the gray) as his cannon hand. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks pretty cool. Definitely looks more g1ish with the alt transformation you gave him. I bought the figure for my classics display but for some reason I can't get past the movie-ness of the figure. Are you planning to remove the hand and replace it with the Ironhide gun or does it fit over the stock hand? Either way I think if you were able to get a G1 Hoist laser/hand you could just cut the hand off and glue the g1 gun on it for the proper effect

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

AW man, what did you do to my Hoist lol. Looks good man, I hope you figure this out, gonna look awesome if you do!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010