Minor/Repaint: W.I.P PRID/ongoing megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by leobreaker1977, Mar 21, 2012.

1. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

So I collected the Ongoing comic series and Megatrons new look(albiet kinda like shadowblade megs) I love prime megs so I figure why not do the series cross-over. He is powerizer megatron and he is slowly being painted with rust check acrylic enamil flat black spray(car spray paint...cause its harder to chip IMO) and will be highlighted with a custom blended paint to mimic the energon. I have modded the blade that popped open with the mechtech gimmick and the sanded it down and glued it all together. I plan to use an earth magnet and have it removable from the wrist area like in the show( poor cj :(  ) I am removing the mechtech gimmick all together from the cannon and adding an l.e.d and then filling in the open areas with styrene. Comments and critiques are welcome as well as suggestions. Thanks for looking.

So I know have the cannon modded(pics later for that) I have all the parts I wanted black. And I have done some of the detailing. I have mixed a blend of acrylic liche purple by citadel and acrylic gloss white by testor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I love the idea. But I'd leave the face area silver so it's not lost in all that black. Can wait to see how it looks when your done!

3. nemesis_primusX

nemesis_primusX the autobot quick-killer

This has sparked my interest, i cant wait to see more of it

4. Fiskone

Fiskone Aerosol Artist

Looking Badass so far man! I really think the purple and the black really look fantasic together. Really awesome idea with the sword, mechtech is such a useless gimmick I thought with the DOTM the voyagers would have been cooler with LEDs in the mechtech but when they finally did it what a suprise didn't transilate. I'll keep an eye on this really looking forward to seeing this guy done. Well done sir I tip my hat to you.

5. leobreaker1977

@knyghtmare2021 I intended on using a steel on the face so it wasn't as bright as before, but it wont be left black. I

@thanks brother glad you like I will some more done tonight....think I will work on the cannon.

6. Fiskone

Fiskone Aerosol Artist

Almost done I see. Great work man, When I saw this yesterday the purple does look incredible and I love what your doing surge the dark energon highlights. I'm really looking forward on seeing this project complete, not to mention the fact that your killing this so quick he's almost done.

7. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. That looks so awesome already

8. Swaldem

Swaldem Well-Known Member

coolness will wait for the final product

imho that mold can be given some sculpt and styrene work and made into jhiaxus too 80's - 90's version

9. leobreaker1977

thats a neat idea too, but i was hanging with my bro fiskone and all i could see was ongoing megatron