Heavy/Scratch: W.I.P. Fortress Maximus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Jun 21, 2009.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

This guy is probably my most ambitious custom yet. Fortress Maximus from Cybertron Metroplex. Alas, my customizing skills are yet to be on par with the masters whom have successfully made this guy.

I mean, look at my version:

-I don't own the right shade of blue paint so I had to go with a lighter color.
    -Those ramps are in fact nothing more than a pair of 6-inch rulers, stuck on with Scotch tape since I haven't gotten a hold of any hinges yet.
    -I have no idea what to use for his tower (will take suggestions).
    -Borrowed G1 Blaster's gun since not certain what firearms to give him.

I'm keeping the replica Master Sword though. BFS to the most extreme. :D 

One thing I am rather proud of is the head. Strange since it's nothing more than a G1 Superion head with G1 Menasor horns attached. It's not even a Headmaster but I'm not too crazy about that gimmick anyway.

So, what do you all think so far?

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      47.4 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

This is awesome! Can you make another?

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i am really tempted to do this with my metroplex.....but i don't know if i am ready to take on such a project

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Well since IDW based their version of Fort Max off of the Metroplex body (loosely mind you since he is the same height as most of the other bots) I think your heading in the right direction, Their have been a few done from the same concept I think building the Main tower from Styrene is your best bet (This way you can make it also seperate too with hinges).

Im sure if you did a search here you might find a few of the customs done here. I'd like to do on myself at somepoint but I got too much to finish as it is.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I dunno, Cybertron Metroplexes are kinda expensive and I don't feel like I'm good enough really. :redface2: 
    That said, it's not as hard a custom as some kitbashers might think it is.

Like I said, it isn't really that hard. If you replace Metroplex's head, he's pretty much all there at the basics. It really only becomes difficult when you try to add in the other stuff like the ramps and tower, firearms, headmaster gimmicks, et al.

Styrene? I don't have much experience with it so I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

6. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

wahoo! hoping to see im' in the comics soon! :D 

7. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude that's awsome!!!!!!!
    I was workin on one myself but lost interest in it.Now I can't wait to finish mine up.Hope it comes out as good as yours.Keep up the great work!!!

8. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This Might give you some inspiration :D , he even shows metroplex in what looks like city mode. For the tower he simply sculpted a tower from epoxy sculpt and styrene and fitted it into the peg holes where you would normally put metroplex's giant weapon. (Custom "classics" Fort Max)

On a side note:
    I am also fixing to start a Fort Max using a unicron body as a base "I was playing with him and I have managed to turn him into both fort mode and attack mode :D ". I to will need to make a tower, from what I have heard it will probably be best to make it out of styrene and epoxy sculpt. Does anyone know of a online guide on how to properly use styrene, also does anyone know where I can purchase some styrene sheets for relatively cheap?

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah! I just posted in your ramhorn thread and saw this one. Another favorite mold of mine! Same comment, though I think you should repaint him entirely.

10. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    They sell it in most Hobby shops it's a form of plastic that you can cut and glue to other pieces They sell it in all sizes too (Sheets, rods).

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    JD, mark this on your calendar:

"I agree with JD 100% right here."

:poke 

:) 

12. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Good work so far! I once did this custom and I went absolutely buck-nutty with the add-ons *lol*

Okay, I'm going to be finishing up my own custom Fort Max, and I came with some tower ideas you might wish to explore. I've considered using either the cannon-portion of Energon Shockblast/Six-shot, OR one of Cybertron Prime's cannons. I'm leaning strongly towards using Shockblast's cannon, which would then become a hand-cannon in robot-mode.