Heavy/Scratch: W.I.P. ** Devastator **

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kennum1, Aug 18, 2011.

1. kennum1

kennum1 Well-Known Member

W.I.P. ** "muscular" Devastator **

Hello everyone

This is my first time doing a major customization. I picked Devastator because his is the most memorable character to me. Now i need some help. I am stuck on the arm area and not sure which forearm looks better on him. I had attached 2 pictures of different forearms but I welcome any other suggestions. :)  Many Thank in advance.

EDIT: "muscular" Devastator

After reading all the suggestions, i had decided to create a "muscular" Devastator. I had updated a picture of what it might look like. Please keep those valuable suggestions and comments coming. :) 

I kinda like how the picture look, hopefully the final product would come out good. ;) 

Edit #2: For those wonder what happen to his "Chest Plate" i am still searching for ideas. Please share your idea of what might go well with it.

Attached Files:

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Why not go with the traditional primus arms since you're doing the classic pitvistator? Good start!

3. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    The Mole Pod Arm looks odd for Devastator. Now if you were make a Dufenshmirtz mech, that would be the one for the win.

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Just for clarification, are you making the arms the same, or different? The unicron one is his left hand for both pics, just trying to understand your goal here.

Personally, I like the round one. The primus arm has been done to death, why can't you make it your own? I'd say that making the round one shorter in length would help with proportions.

His name is devastator, why can't he be a little more wicked.:ev: 

Randy!

5. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

I am agreeing with Bigbot3030. The Primus/Unicron arms have kind of been done to death now concerning Devastator and that round mole arm looks unique which in turn makes your Devastator custom look unique as well. So yeah, go with the round arm is what I would say here

6. kennum1

Sorry for the confusion, my goal would make both arm with the same parts. reason why Unicron's arm on both pictures because i didn't want Devastator look funny with only 1 arm. :D 

7. kennum1

Thank you for everyone's reply so far, please keep the suggestion coming and other potentially options.

I kinda do like the mole pod (round) arm and just like "Bigbot3030" suggested, and i agree, it's bit too long. I also think the mole pod is bit too big/wide and don't scale well with other parts of the body. I am open to any suggestion so please let me know what you think. :) 

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    use neither. inside's unicron's chest is a nice cylinder. use that...

9. kennum1

Hi Frenzy_Rumble. Thanks for the tip. :)  I definitely give it a try when i go home. I purposely made his ab shorter and chest bigger thinking it would look better with a bigger forearm. If that did not work out, it can be adjust. Thank you.

On a separate note, i just wanted to say I love your work and had study your Devastator for inspirations and ideas. Keep up the great work! :D 

10. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Nice start man. I with the others that u should use the round ones. He's your devy so y not put your personal spin on it. Keep at it man.

11. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Could try changing the formula instead of making the same devastator everyone makes.

12. kennum1

Hey everyone i had updated a picture of what i want to do. What you guys/girls think :D ?