Heavy/Scratch: W.I.P Classics Topspin

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ScoobyGoo, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ScoobyGoo

ScoobyGoo Well-Known Member

W.I.P Classics Topspin (updated 01/03/11)

So I was looking at the combo of figures that I had set up that included my custom Roadbuster, Warbot Defender, G1 Rotorstorm and a pair of G1 Jumpstarters and was thinking "Those Jumpstarters are looking a bit on the short, stubby kinda brick side of the tracks"

1 HFTD Fallback, 1 Universe Acidstorm, 1 Energon Starscream, 1 week and a bunch of styrene and greenstuff and I've got the basics of an articulated Topspin bashed off!

So far the Fallback hips were sanded down and fitted into Topspins lower body, major feet transplantage was then able to take place.

I then turned the remains of fallbacks waist into a new waist (this needs smoothing off and detail adding), ripped a leg from Acidstorm and mounted the lowerpart in the waist. This allowed me to use the upper part of the leg to extend the torso.

Arms are from the Energon Starscream, with some width added to the shoulders with styrene. The silver prongs are mounted on a double hinge with a ball joint on one end (some random arm I had in the box of doom)

I've still got to get the G1 head on a ball joint, some more styrene work to do on the back and waist , need to fill in gaps with greenstuff, as well as the task of weighting down the feet to provide extra stability, once thats done I can get to work on his buddy Twintwist!

Just thought I'd whack him up to see what people thought so far. This is my first proper attempt at putting something together from so many different bits and I'm without dremel until I can manage to get enough time to go buy 1, but I'm liking the way he is shaping up in bot mode (alt mode still needs some bits and pieces to chunk out the underside so that the prongs look more attached instead of sticking out the bottom on a bit of plastic).

Anyway enough rambling, here's some pics!

Update 01/03/11

So I finally got another few hours to work on this guy, and he's pretty much done except for a bunch of smoothing when the green stuff cures and then a lick of paint.

Just waiting on another Fallback to arrive from Kapow before starting on Twintwist. Stupid me put it on the same order as a bunch of preorder stuff because the amount shipped qualified for free shipping :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    nice use of E.Starscream have like 3laying around and 2 are for Superion, but topspin is cooL!

3. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    looking good, you going to do both of them??

4. ScoobyGoo

Yup, Twintwist shall also be getting a seeing to once I lay my hands on another fallback/brawn to massacre for the waist + legs. In fact, here's our donor now in a comparison shot I should of posted earlier!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I want you to know that this makes me very very very happy

6. ScoobyGoo

Cheers for the comments guys, I've updated the 1st post with some new pics :)