Minor/Repaint: w.i.p. class of 84 windcharger update

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by sentinalsupreme, Dec 18, 2009.

1. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    updated pic of this project
    i sware that this project is getting me so frustrated
    i try to destinguise it from bumblebee with this ruff draft of a convertible top not black
    so it would stand out as such,and a bra...but i dont feel it is making its mark, and the blue windows are a desaster....they will be black in a sec....opinions??... just dont want people to see bumblebee or a repaint of bumblebee but someone els all togather...

Attached Files:

2. GerardusMaximus

GerardusMaximus Deceptocreep

Brilliant! Love it!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Simple, but effective. I like it.

zmog

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    brilliant indeed. Nice work.

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Very very good. Now...this makes me curious about his transformation to carmode....

7. sentinalsupreme

Ebay:
    update

8. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    What are you talking about with the windows? They look good! Excellent head choice for WC and the altered transformation adds a nice non-Bee vibe. Don't be so hard on yourself. The only thing I'd add is the silver stripe from the real car.

9. MedicalD

MedicalD Active Member

Been thinking of a project along these lines as well, but I don’t like the camaro look to well. Your version of Windcharger looks fine as is, however if you want a little bit of a different look, why not actually make it a convertible? The roof panels snap off, and if you like it that way, you can take the door windows off as well. Just trying to help you get a different view, since you seem a little unsatisfied. Like the above post don’t be hard on yourself, looks great. Btw, I don’t recognize the head you used, mind filling me in where it came from>?

10. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

looking good man, i really like the convertible top..and the black front.. my only gripe is maybe a different red? but then again it would of looked like that repaint of bumblebee so i see ur reason to not look like a repaint..

the blue windows dont look that bad to me lol. they look fine.. unless they look different in person.. other than that it looks good!

11. sentinalsupreme

Ebay:
    thanks peoples it takes me a few days to get use to my customs, all i see is whats wrong with it at first then every thing else, for the most part with this mold,every thing you do to it just looks like bb repaint even with new heads it looks like bb body with a new face. i just dont want that look.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think I'd simply suggest painting the one front portion of the window edge a color besides the color of the top, as that wouldn't be part of the convertible portion. Other than that, I REALLY, really like what you've done here. That robot mode is just fantastic. Great ideas done well with the execution; :thumb 

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Don't give up man, it's looking great already. Conceptually, a great idea to distinguish him from BB that way. Desaturating the tinted windows might help a lot already.

14. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

i think its going to be hard in general to work with a bb body because its so iconic... oddly.. i mean ppl can do other versions of OP.. but thats only cuz there are other characters that use that same body lol.. but everyone knows that the camero is bb.... weird... and also i think its hard because i since there was already a official repaint of bb in red lol...

its funny cuz i did and others have done repaints/mods of ratchet.. but it looks very different from the original cuz hes not so iconic and no one cares about him lol.
    [​IMG]

but i do like ur custom alot.. u just probably have to get used to him. i already see him as another custom and not a repainted bb... maybe thats just ur own point of view obviously cuz its ur custom and everyone always so critical of their own customs =P

15. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

I really like how people are making the 80's non important characters in the movie molds. It would be cool to see others like gears or powerglide using the rotf molds. I like this custom and how he looks good with the top part of the car not transformed. Great work!

16. sentinalsupreme

Ebay:
    in season 1 the minibots had rolls, brawn was all up in the ultimate doom, least used transformer was marige.
    powerglide you just gave me a great idea thanks dude!