Minor/Repaint: W.I.P. Animated BanzaiTron w/ Razor Sharp SUGGESTIONS?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by spoonman, Sep 15, 2008.

1. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

So I'm having a problem. I chose to do a custom of a crab-like creature who is primarily purple, black and orange. The toy I'm making it out of is PURPLE BLACK and ORANGE-ish!!!! I'm trying everything I can to differentiate the two, but they still look identical!!! Any suggestions or does anybody else think that this isnt a problem.
    Plus I'm still resculpting the head, so that may help a bit.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

this has me intrigued. i must think on this

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, the head should help a lot. What are you doing about that? Razor-Sharp didn't have a robot mode (unless you coulnt the crab, which I did), so you haven't really got anything to go on.

You can't really mod the legs, which I was about to suggest, to make them more masculine, since they're needed to turn into crab legs presumably.

How are you dealing with the claws, as well? Crabs usually have eight legs plus, claws, as I recall, so you'd actually need an extra set of legs to do them. Suffice to say, I think that'll make a big difference to the look in both modes as well.

4. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Thanks guys. I guess considering Razorsharp didnt have a bot mode I can take a few liberties with it. In the transformation Im using blackarachnias mouth pinchers for the extra legs, and her actual legs for the crab pinchers. I guess it will all come down to the headsculpt.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

You know I got a thought, but it won't work but just give some thought what about using a Beast Wars Razor Claw I mean he's a fiddler crab, but if you got two you'll have two pincers either ones that have blasters in them or the big ass ones. But thats up to you.