Vp2 - worst ending ever!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ghost Prime, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok so finally i completed Valkirye Profile 2:silmaria last night and i have to say...WORST ENDING EVER! i cant understand this ending. did i miss something or did i get screwed on this or what?

Brahms just chooses to die in the ruined world of Lizard.......WHY!? im sorry but am i missing something on this?

then Alicia just dies as well? she dies and gets reborn again years later when she is reincarnated?

Rufus becomes the new God of Asgard? yet nothing is said of how he becomes the god or what happens when he returns and meets Freya?

Armgrim becomes the new watcher of the Dragon orb?so what? he stays at the Palace of the Dragon Script for the rest of his life till he dies? so about 10 years then? i mean he lives at a ruined crave and watches the orb for the rest of his life?

this is by far the worst ending i have EVER seen in any game. i never played Valkirye profile 1 so am i missing something on this?

worst thing is it says nothing about whats become of Silmaria or Hrisk or Lenneth

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Ghost, is VP2 worth buying? I've been on the fence about it. I enjoyed the first one, but sometimes it was frustratingly hard. I will say this, part one was pretty cool, but confusing in parts, so maybe that's one reason why it seems confusing.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

We have spoiler tags, please use them.

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Valkirye Profile 2 is one of the HARDEST games i have ever played and it completely never lets go! just when you think your leveled up pretty well you end up on the next area and its about 3 times as tough!

i just feel cheated at this ending because i just completed the sephric gate only to be screwed by the piss poor ending

5. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Ghost Prime, first of all I reccomend you go play Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, will explain a lot of things (especialy why Lezard is so messed up, cause man, that guy has serious issues and makes Sephiroth look normal). Just make sure you check online guides and do everything to get the 'A' ending as it gives you the most story.

Now about VP2, I have to say that this game is one I really enjoyed, just as much as Final Fantasy VII. The story was really reaching and the gameplay was fun and challenging without being frustrating (ok well beating Lezard really ticked me off but I felt better once I smacked the bastard down). Now the main reason you probably didn't get the story was becuase it is linked with VP1 (which takes place hundreds of years after VP2), however the timeline gets screwed up in 2.

Basicaly what happens is that everything up until just after you fight Hrist at Dipan is the normal timeline, but then at this point Lezard (who isnt meant to be there and has come back in time) screws everything up.

So the way it's meant to originaly go down is that Freya encases Silmeria in the Crystal and Brahms takes off with that and uses her as a energy source to keep Midgard going since the Dragon orb was taken, then Rufus and Alicia go to Asgard and are killed at Ygdrassil by Odin.

Skip ahead hundreds of years later and VP1's story starts. And without giving much away basicaly Lezard is obsessed with Lenneth (you have no idea how much) and she rejects him. So in VP2 he has come back in time to mess things up, Lenneth follows him to correct it, but his plan was really to lure her back there and merge with her lifeforce as he goes on about in the game.

also with the seraphic gate, it's best to not go there until after you finish the game.

6. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

Ah~ VP2 how the ending was such a issue...mainly just dealing with Lezard's laughing and god damn moves. Fragging twat! >O< AGRh! hate that basterd

Anyway~! Noen beat me to the punch [Damn you! XD *shakesfish*] He pretty much explained the majority of what I would of said. I did originally play VP:Silmeria before VP:Lenneth but it doesn't really matter if you play one before the other. I found it made more sense playing Silmeria before Lenneth, especially the Dipan story but that could just be me. >_>

I agree that the ending is very open at the end. I know I felt a bit let down at the end and had nfi what happened with everyone. [Also felt let down because there was no FMV! ;_;] The fact that you don't know what really happens to them after the game is probably something they want to leave open for another game...[Come onnnn Hrist game!!] Since they did that for VP:Lenneth. [sneaaaky~] Only issue with the VP games is that they sort of pull a Evangelion aka Blew the budget and had to cram it all in the end. =/ Though I think only VP:L did that.

VP:Lenneth isn't very hard if you just have the right skills equipped. [Guts + auto-item[union plume] = unstoppable!..kind of..but it helps A LOT] Just make sure you get a walk through or something to make sure you do the correct things to get the 'A' ending otherwise you'll get the shoddiest ending. [Seriously, the things you have to do to get the ending are not hinted to you in ANY way. I feel sorry for the people who had to play it without a walkthrough..would of taken forever to figure out everything O_O] If you just want the story try it in normal mode. Hard mode just gives your more dungeons and items.

On those who aren't sure about getting the game, it is pretty tricky. I actually found VP:L easier then VP:S. Probably because I'm prone to button mashing so strategy gets thrown out the window for VP:S. If you like a challenging game then it's good for you. *thumbs up* =D

7. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i did love the game because it was so hard. when i beat the sephric gate i felt so good that i kicked all there arses...yet was confused at the fact that when i fourght lezard it seemed all my skills/ect just disapeared! in sephric gate i was hitting an enemy with Hrist and got around 4000hits with each attack, yet Lezard was only getting 100 damage???

i just feel so pissed off at this ending. it said f**k all about the endings of the people i grew to care about during this journy and the ending was shorter than most of the normal cut scenes! i just felt like i got screwed on this game

8. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congladuration!! A winner is you!!!!