Voyager Starscream - how do the forearms come apart?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by clay, Jul 13, 2010.

1. clay

clay Well-Known Member

I'm trying to add an extra point of articulation to the wrists so that the hands can fold up into the jet - or rather restore it, as it was planned and then cut from production (it does this on the box photography). Problem is that the missile launchers act as a cap on the two pieces of the forearm. Has anyone else been able to get them off without breaking them?

Attached Files:

2. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    on one of my starscream arms, the barrel (cap) just slid out, but the other arm only one side came out so i had to snap it. butas long as its still perfectly aligned, then you can just glue it. best of luck! (btw: do this at your own risk. just saying because ive been blammed for people trying what i did and messing up so jsut a percauction.) :) 

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The prototype has hinges in the palm, not the wrist. If you look at the toy closely, you'll find that if you allow the wrist to fold over on itself, there's no room under the jet for the hand to go.

4. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    EXACTLY. I actually did the mod Clay is asking about, and it wasn't until after the fact I realized I underestimated the amount of space there is, which there pretty much isn't enough for his hands to hide in.

Though successful in creating a double jointed wrist, my hopes came down to disappointment. You would need to create a collapsible hand. Considering the time it would take and the resources to pull that off, I'd say you're better off getting the Leader Mold - since that is awesome.

5. clay

clay Well-Known Member

I actually dug up the instructions, and found the hands still presented with the double-joint in the palm. It's something that I think I can do - I just just need to find the right part to slot in before I go and hack up his hands.

Thanks guys!

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Goodluck ! I'm anxious to see the final result here :D 

7. clay

clay Well-Known Member

The deluxe Evac's landing gear are just the right size, but are the wrong color, and I don't think paint would hold too well there.

At any rate, I got a leader Starscream today, so it'll take me a little while to finish fiddling with that one before I get back to the voyager. :)