Voyager Ratchet - Which is the best one to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arkitect76, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Im looking for the Best accurate mold of Voyager Ratchet out there....from what Ive seen on many threads here, there has been only one mold, repainted, repainted and repainted....is this true? If it is, then which one would be the one to get that is the most movie accurate in terms of color. If there have been modified molds, then which one is the best one? thanks guys!!!

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    only one ratchet thats it. i think in terms of proportions, the DOTM deluxe Ratchet is great, but as far as size goes then voyager is the way to go.

But it all really depends if you want it in move 1, 2 or 3 colors. I bought the target dotm exclusive one yesterday and like it a lot.

that one is the best for me imo. I would look in our resources section and look at the pics of the different versions as well.

3. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I thought the best looking version of Voyager Ratchet was the TF1 Premium version.

Personally though, I prefer the Deluxe DOTM Ratchet.

4. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    NOOB here... I didnt know we had a section for that...Ill check right now...thanks buddy

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

For the first two movies, the Best Buy Exclusive Voyager Ratchet is going to be your best bet. The Target Exlusive Voyager Ratchet is great for DOTM.

6. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    I saw that Best Buy Exclusive Voyager Ratchet has the best paint job...but that one im assuming is gonna be a pretty penny to get....so would it be safe to say the Target exclusive is THE one to get for being the most accurate to the movie in terms of color besides the best buy one?

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would say for now yes dotm is fine but it looks like the premium on ebay is around 20-30 and there doesnt seem to be many, i just looked and saw 2 and a completed action for 20 bucks starting bid that did not even sell.

but also target has a coupon on their site for 3 bucks off voyagers as well, i used one for my ratchet yesterday....
    Target Coupons

8. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    thanks buddy...

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I like my first-movie voyager Ratchet best. Seemed to have the best build quality.

In an ideal world, probably the voyager Rescue Ratchet repaint just to be a bit more G1-friendly.

10. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    There wasn't an astounding difference between the regular and premium versions of the 1st movie voyager - and the premium's paint job was easily scratched. Don't go out of your way trying to find one.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I grabbed the Target exclusive DotM version for my son. It's a nice paint job IMHO, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the mold. Big and blocky, sorta old school and not very movie-ish IMHO. Maybe that's a plus though, lol.

Personally, I'm waiting for a new mold. If one doesn't materialize though so be it. The deluxe looks very cool, but is way out of scale for my setup (well except beside DotM Megs, sigh.)

12. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i would say the movie one best buy version

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Don't both with the DoTM Target Exclusive, the mold has been released so amny times it's a QC nightmare. I still like the original 2007 movie Voyager Ratchet. Premium Version might look better but it'll more than likely cost you a lot more. They're the same exact mold so it all depends on what some shiny paint is worth to you.