Voyager Prime vs. Leader Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Now that I have finally found a voyager Prime and have him in hand, I can finally decide which I like better.

Leader.

Voyager is a nice toy, but it has some issues. First off, his fuel tank missiles keep firing off in truck mode for no good reason. His shoulder panels on the bottom of the truck are loose ( could be just this one though ). He also leans backwards. His feet are long enough that he doesn't tip over, but his toes are up off the ground. I do like his proportions, I just wish his arms actually transformed out of the front of the truck instead of just out from under it. It would've cut down on his back kibble. Had I bought this toy first, I'd have liked it more. But after having the awesomeness that is leader Prime, this toy seems lacking.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes Leader is the end all be all Movie prime.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    voyager prime's missiles annoyed me so much that I just don't keep them in the launchers anymore. it looks bad, but they always fire.

If it wasnt for the driver gimmick, they could have made it into a near-perfect movie prime. make the body transform correctly, use the front of the truck for the arms and the rest of it to make a backpack. the legs are already pretty much perfect, same with the proportions. the voyager figure even has the movie version's freakishly long legs!

they came SO close to making it awesome, and because of that gimmick dictating the design, it fell short.

:( 

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Leader Prime is much much better. About the only reason I got Voyager (well actually I got robovision) for was the Cullen-esque driver gimmick.

5. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

yup, leader > Voyager across the board for me too.

The sad part is, leader prime is getting just one repaint, while Voyager prime is getting, like, too many.

6. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I'd chalk that up to the Leader version costing twice as much as the Voyager one. People can more easily afford picking up the Voyager one just for repaint reasons, rather than dropping $40 on Leader Prime to turn it into a repaint.

I only have the Leader one, and I don't plan to get the Voyager one. I don't like the transformation, with his "backpack" of his grille and whatnot, and I really like how Leader Prime is roughly in-scale with the other movie Autobots.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There will be four leader voyager primes when it's all done and over with, and 2 leader primes... so that's 80 dollars total each. so they're kind of tied.

8. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

what other versions are coming?

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I know Robovision, normal voyager, and G1 voyager, what's the fourth?

10. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Battle Damage.

Well technically there is that exclusive Chrome Leader so that be 3 Leaders.

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Voyager Optimus Prime = awesome
    Robovision Optimus Prime = awesomer
    Leader Class Optimus Prime = awesomenest :D