Voyager or Leader Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xanis, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Xanis

Xanis Plastic Belt Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Yes, it is another this or that thread. I'm posting this because I'm at a bit of a stand still on the Megatron. Many of you are aware of the TRU and Target sale going on and I was thinking of picking up Leader Megs at sale price. With that $10 gift card at TRU, I'd practically be getting him for $30. I would be getting the Leader just for the fact that he's big, has a great color scheme and he would look nice along with Prime and the Starscream that's coming out, except he looks pretty lame in tank mode and has a weird looking claw (The brick arm doesn't bother me). However the Voyager is much cheaper and more accurate, but he has that ugly dark blue-green color and that enormous spikey backpack.

So I'm hoping you could help me decide between the two. Leader Megs would end up being $10 away from Voyager so do you think he'd be worth it then? Or would the Voyager still reign supreme?

2. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i got voyager and hes pretty cool. sleek tank mode and the extending blade when you extend his arm is cool. if you dont like the back pack then make them look like spiky wings

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thread, and I'm in the same situation as you in not being able to decide. For pretty much the same reasons too (add that the Voyager Megs seems too small next to voyager Prime). A tough call. The first movie Megatron Voyager was so much worse than that leader, it was a no-brainer. But this time, it's hard to decide...

4. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    get the leader

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can see reasons for getting either of them. I have the leader simply because I like to have toys that are as close to scale as possible and such. I also often like huge, bulky figures, which is why I went with the leader. I think as far as overall figures go, the voyager just barely edges out the leader on a few of the finer points. Personally, I couldn't get past that hideous green plastic they used on the voyager though.

Each one has their strong points. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I'd say that if you're wanting to spend the money, get the leader. If you're a bit strapped, go with the voyager. I hope that helps :) 

6. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Voyager is way more movie accurate and i like it alot more the murder arm and gimp hand look much better.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Voyager is all but certain to be repainted down the line some time, if that helps.

8. ...Optimus...

...Optimus... Active Member

The real question here is this: which one do you want to pose next to Leader Optimus Prime when you get him? Because when you see that mold, you're gonna want it.

I'd probably get the Leader Megatron and paint it. Better scale that way.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know it to be true :) 

Personally I went with the Voyager version. I was going to skip both till I touched Vangelus' stolen Chinese version.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, yeah. But the OP likes the Leader Megatron's colors.

11. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Get the Voyager and a silver pen.

Radicon that color scheme and you have a great figure.

12. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I have the leader version, just for him being in scale with leader Prime. He is a great looking brute though.

The Voyager is nice however and I would not mine picking that up sometime later. Hopefully when I'm ready to get it, they would've announced a repaint closer to the movie model.

13. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Even though it's not the most accurate in the world, I have to speak up for Leader Megatron's tank mode; it's really impressively bulky and fearsome looking once you actually have it in hand and can inspect it from all angles. I think it's the width of the thing that pictures seem to have trouble communicating, but which really helps it look a lot more imposing. The gimp arm doesn't actually look that lopsided up close either...

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't like the way the voyager looks so I went with the leader version personally. He surprised me by being not as complicated as Prime or Jetfire. So that right there is a lot less frusturating which equals more fun :) 

15. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I grabbed the leader. The first movie I went voyager and wasnt impressed and this voyager is all minty green. If they repaint him, I will cop but the leader is great. Posable and dangerous. Im waiting for Optimus to come back into stores and buy him as well.