Heavy/Scratch: voyager Mixmaster WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DMcB360, Nov 5, 2011.

1. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

this is my mixmaster which I focused on quite a bit for gathering parts. I thought since a cement mixer is a slighlty less heavy duty vehicle than other construction vehicles that he would be skinnier.

Scrapper is mocked up as a leg but his robot mode isn't so far done with his legs.

I have 99% of the parts id like to use for the rest of the team but im building their designs from the ground up for scale purposes, so his his head and hands will be last but its killing me not to want to look for parts or try ideas, its just too early :p 

let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I like where this guy is going! Keep us posted.

3. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Really innovative, mate!

4. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great!

5. 'purple-bot'

'purple-bot' Well-Known Member

lookin great, hes gonna be beefy, cant wait to see final product
    hes gonna tower over bruticus,
    im anxious to see how you combine them, and you going the unicron route?

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I'm liking this so far. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see him all done and painted up.

7. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice. Luv that u built him from scratch! Really shows ur creativity. I have a devastator with voyager and ultra class figures so i wish u the best. I really hope u have as much fun with your build as I am.

8. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

Thanks!
    I wont be using any Unicron parts. I have thighs and arms from death star darth vader that im making into sturdy ratchet arms for long haul which will become the thighs. I wanted my Dev to be made out of as much of the team as possible. I wanted his comined parts to be integrated as well as FP did for Bruticus.

9. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

thanks all!, Ill try to get as much of long haul done at the same time as scrapper. Mixmaster needs some arms and some function built but he'll be done soonish.

10. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

Pretty awesome

11. dking

dking Active Member

different ...i loikkkeee!!!

12. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

hey guys! I have a few new pics updated in the first post, I have finished most of the work on Devastators thighs and right leg before continuing on mixmaster. but since Mix is most of the leg I will post here what is also Long Hauls arms. its a bit skinny right now but this is just the inner structured parts there will be some accurate bits of kibble to bulk up for sure.

I gotta say I left the height a surprise for myself and I was very pleased. im gonna have to bulk him up and make sure he has great ankles and stiff joints. im also gonna have to hands and arms turn into weapons somehow. i am excite :) 

p.s. sorry for the tiny pictures my camera was set to like 400x500!

13. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Looking nice! Im building a devy on the same scale far as size goes. Tight joints will def be needed I promise u. Keep at it man!

14. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

Ive added 3 more pictures of Mixmasters legs and Devy foot that are almost done. I just recently found a local shop with styrene products and its making things go much more productive :)  also his knee ball joint is permanently installed, I plan to add a funnel and knee cap to help hide it.

Ive also been day dreaming of LED's...

15. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    What are the base vehicles are you using?...I've always wanted to make a VERY large Devastator out of Bruder trucks

16. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

hard to say, no one character has equipment and vehicle parts from the same toy.

but I can list the key equipment from each:
    Mixmasters cement mixer is from Tonkas toughest minis.
    Longhauls grill is from ROTF voyager prime (upside down!) cab is half of RID ultra mag cab. wheels from toughest mini dump truck.
    Hooks crane will be from cybertron mudflap, wheels from toughest minis.
    Scavengers treads are from ROTF devy, bucket arm armada hoist.
    Scrappers bucket and wheels from ROTF Devy, (I would note the use of scattershot as base figure as a foot since it would be hard to substitute)
    Bonecrushers treads are from toughest mini's, bucket/blade from ROTF deluxe rampage.

it might take me like a year but I want him to be epic. hopefully with lights and a great paint job by someone like yourself. not too much else is coming together right now but ive got a mock up of Longhaul with his arms and key chest pieces.

Attached Files:

17. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I am amazed at the scale you are trying to tackle here. Very impressive and definitely takes some balls to try something new. Looking forward to more updates.

18. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

hey guys! has it really been a year since ive shown any real progress? unfortunately I haven't been in the best spirits the past wile but I have managed to hone the skills here and there and I have been slowly collecting and gathering almost everything I need.

but for now I have Devestators ankle and mixmaster legs uttrly finsihed except for the windows but thats easy.

all I can tell you about the rest of the team right now is that longhaul and scrappers plans are brimming to go. I still need wheels for long haul, cab parts for hook, and Im not tottaly sure where im gonna get 7 nice heads. but im not too worried untill i really need them. and so far there isnt one part of all of Devy I haven't had an idea for transformation. nothing will even be stored. EVERYTHING will become somthing for the team and alt modes. even Devestators head and chest sheild. you will be surprised.

and since ive found articulated hands for every memeber of the team. and considering the scales so far, I can deem these bad boys Masterpiece? Long haul and hook will be between voyager and leader in size but not scale btw.

Attached Files:

19. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks extremely promising man... and the way the wheels go around in devy mode... DAMN nice!

20. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    holy cow, man! i'm totally diggin this! love the proportions. it's different, but i think it totally works. can't wait to see you crank out the whole team :) 

good luck on this project!