Minor/Repaint: Voyager Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SonOfNemesis, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

This one's stock Green looked plain stupid. I couldn't take it so I repainted it to have a more realistic look. It actually was a problem figure to do because after I primed it and transformed it, it revealed multiple rub spots. I had to disassemble, sand (lots of it), cut, and paint.

No more rubs!!

Alright, I deleted the previous pics because they weren't done yet. I did re-do some of the face to be a bit more silver too (thanks for noticing that!!).

Attached Files:

2. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    There's a bit too much gold on the face for my taste, but it looks great. Nice work!

3. SonOfNemesis

Thanks! It was a fun paint job. I might actually lessen the gold in the face as you noted because it does present a bit of inaccuracy (this was not painted entirely for 100% accuracy though but if you guys mention something you might've done instead as was mention, let me know and I'll probably make the adjustment).

4. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Great custom! I actually bought this mold about 2 months ago to do a custom, but I returned him bc I really didn't like the way that his backpack was. Also, I just wanted something a little bigger to go with my custom leader prime. But anyway, great custom!

5. SonOfNemesis

Thanks! I actually did a leader Megatron last week and it turned out awesome but then I saw this one and figured I'd give it a shot. It was troublesome but fun and I actually like the back pack deal, it was fun to dry brush. You should give it a go.

6. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Talk about drybrushing, man I love drybrushing. You can give so many details doing this. Hey, if you want to see some of my drybrushing, go back a few pages in the customs, it's been a while since I posted them, and look for my name and check em out and let me know what you think about them. The titles are, longhauls blades repainted, and ROTF primes battle axes. See if you can find em and let me know if you like em!

7. SonOfNemesis

Tank Mode, a bit late yes, but here it is...

Attached Files: