Voyager Megatron (PRID) is Awesome!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mewtwo, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

As the title says. Just Awesome! :D 

I was looking him over online and stuff, looking at pics and reviews. I have the Deluxe so I was thinking the lesser paint apps really seemed to hurt the figure and it just looked plain or basic. I was debating whether to get the Voyager or not. I saw him in the store the first time and passed. I was more interested in getting a bunch of Legion classes at the time and a Deluxe Soundwave.

But I went back. I saw him. And I decided to get him. (Actually ended up being a B-Day gift :)  )

But I still thought he looked plain. That is till I open him up, look at him, examine him. Pose him and place him up with other figures. And I just... I love him. He looks so kick ass! I didn't think he would look as good as he does because of lack of paint but he does. He just really look great up there. The purple really stands out and he's not as "White" as pictures online seem to show.

I still enjoy my Deluxe of course. But I really am beginning to favor the Voyager. He just looks so kick ass to me. :D 

So who else thinks he is more kick ass then they originally thought?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy with my deluxe, but I don't think the voyager is that bad, and I really like the gauntlet thing.

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Oh don't get me wrong. The Deluxe is filled with awesome too. :D 

I am just surprised how much I ended up liking the Voyager because seeing all those pics and knowing he wasn't painted as much. But I believe it really works well. In contrast now my Deluxe looks almost too shiny...

But yeah. I gotta stop with the first impressions based on online pics... and wait till I actually see them in real life... But I can't seem to help it... :banghead: 

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have the Voyager and think he's pretty terrible. His face is kind of mushy, and his shoulder construction makes almost any pose I'd like to put him in impossible. He makes an okay statue to stand next to Voyager Optimus, but otherwise, I think he's a mess. I think the Deluxe absolutely destroys him in every way other than size. Hell, I'm even more impressed with the Cyberverse version than the Voyager, and that should never happen.

I'm glad you're liking him, though.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    In my case, the FE deluxe really didn't catch my focus. Sure it looked better, but I like my Megatrons to look like threats. So the Voyager being taller just caught my intrest as soon as I heard about it.

Now given that, sure it could of been better. Hasbro could of added more silver, but I don't care. Its not the toy's fault and I can't hate a good figure for something as simple as that. The weapon I find one of the better ones from the line, at least I can lock the swords in place. With Optimus, the gun can't even lock in gun more. Just folds back into that dust collector.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takra,pls issue him the Voyager size

7. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

. hasbro needs a big profit margin to cover the failure of dotm trololol

8. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

Kick ass!

9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd be a lot more interested in the figure if they had given Megs an actual alt mode, but I'll probably end up picking this one up at some point or another I guess

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Megatron having an actual Alt mode is becoming a rare gem of late. too many "Cybertronian" Jets. Animated Leader Megatron & WFC stand out as examples of doing it right. DOTM did a great job, but Poor weapon, the "cape thing" being made of a weird material and the fact it looked like an unpainted prototype hurt it alot.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    he just needs some silver hobby markers, and some dry-brushing. put some red in this eye sockets and use a find tip pen and purple paint for his optics and - viola! instant screen accurate PRID Voyager Megs.

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but he still transforms into an...um...what is that again exactly?

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Cybertron Space-cruiser? just like the first live action movie?

14. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Oddly enough, the cheaper a Prime Megatron, the more I like it.

I genuinely like the Cyberverse one the most, then the Deluxe, then finally the Voyager. So strange... but if someone said "you can have one Prime Megatron and only one" I would go with the Cyberverse one. I just like the way it looks the most.

So... nothing. The Prime design doesn't do a good job walking the line between looking alien and looking like something that's not a jumble of parts. I don't blame any of the toys for this, just the actual character model.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He sucks without DIY work. The plastic colors are god awful. Brown for the feet and hands? Really Hasbro?

Also the arms don't move for shit without the back piece unpegging.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    I like my Voyager Megs but I hate his alt mode so I never transform him. He works well in front of the camera though. Not the primadona one would think he'd be.

17. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was hesitant to buy him bases on the pictures, but I caved thanks to stacking coupons at Target.

I don't regret it at all. He's a much better figure in hand than you'd expect and his Alt mode holds together well.

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same problem the movie figure had incedentally. (Expect, of course DotM - which is awesome except for scale and pygmy head.)

19. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Unidentified Flying Object of Death.

I think it's an awesome character trait that Megatron doesn't hide behind an Earth-based alt mode. Hell, I thought it was an awesome trait in the first two movies that I'd wish they'd gone a little in depth about.

Anyway, yes. The Voyager figure is very awesome. Not perfect, but very much worthwhile.

[​IMG]

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They don't move for shit anyway, thanks to the shoulder pad design.

His alt mode as seen in the show is already bad enough, but the Voyager toy doesn't even do a really good job of turning into it, anyway. The Deluxe pulls it off better.