Customs: Voyager Megatron Mods?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SeventyOne, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Ixlair The Fool

Are there any modifications or anything for voyager Megatron(ROTF)? Something for the backpack, and maybe the legs? I've noticed that some plastic gets in the way of the backpack sitting flush, and the legs don't sit flush either for a similar reason, but I'd like to know if people have done mods on theirs so I can look and see what kinds of things I can do without ruining this awesome figure.

2. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not yet, but I'm working on trying to either kill the bulk in his thighs or increase the bulk in his waist (that needs doing regardless) - plus I'm working on a method to attach the two wing portions to the thighs permanent too kill the bulk of the backpack...

Unfortunately, that'll require designing a peg-hole system to his backpack & the wings, as they are responsible for holding his legs in place in alt mode, but it could be fun.

First things first, gotta rip off those toes - megs had straight treads in the film...

But waiting to find a screenshot to confirm my memory...

3. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Ixlair The Fool

I notice that the toes on the treads help keep it stable, when they're flipped up he kinda tilts forward. Would it be possible to reposition the heel treads to make the footprint larger so that it's more stable after you remove the toes?

And I saw the movie last night, and yes, Megatron had no toes. But his legs were much beefier, like the leader class's. The voyager has narrower legs.

There should also be some kind of ratchet in the shoulders to keep them from flopping around like they do. I'm sure that'd be difficult to do as a mod, but maybe making a hook or something to keep it in place in robot mode would suffice.